Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lan devices no ip & can't get support on 1901

Options
  • 21-12-2017 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭

Just changed over to Eir. Been trying to ring 1901 support but can't get past the automated part as it's not recognising my account number for some reaosn. Ridiculous.

Anyway, I have a number of LAN devices connected - their MAC address is showing in LAN devices when I log into the router but they're not being assigned an IP address. How do I correct this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BoycieIRL

Synode
    Is the modem in question connected to the Internet - can you see if the modem has a DSL light and an Internet light - are both synched green.
    When you log onto the router can you see if the modem has a public IP address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

BoycieIRL wrote: »
    Synode
    Is the modem in question connected to the Internet - can you see if the modem has a DSL light and an Internet light - are both synched green.

Think I've sorted it. The devices had static IPs on my Virgin router. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Synode wrote: »
    BoycieIRL wrote: »
    Synode

Think I've sorted it. The devices had static IPs on my Virgin router. Thanks
    Hi Synode, 

I'm glad to hear you have sorted this now. If you have any further queries or issues the support team on 1890 260 260 will be able to assist you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement