Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something in Sausages

Options
  • 21-12-2017 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

I'm feeling like vomit right now and wondering what is this in the sausage, it looks like some kind of intestine to me, is this normal? I've never seen it before but it has really grossed me out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Definitely a sphincter.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

You're worried it might be intestine....in a sausage....

Ever wondered what makes sausages so nice and crispy on the outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Thestones wrote: »
    I'm feeling like vomit right now and wondering what is this in the sausage, it looks like some kind of intestine to me, is this normal? I've never seen it before but it has really grossed me out.
    Only a bit of vein or sinew do you no harm , unless of course you happen to choke on it..your probably eating it’s likes the whole time in sausages and other meat Products without noticing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Not many sausage casings made from intense now unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Thestones

I'm aware that sausages are made up of all sorts however I purposely buy 80% pork ones because I hate grisly bits and seeing this caught me off guard. They will be off my shopping list for the time being!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Cant eat sausages. The gristle element just too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

You should claim. You found pig in a sausage just like the person in another thread who found chicken in a chicken. Definitely claim. You can’t lose!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

There are two things in the world you never want to let people see how you make 'em - laws and sausages. -Leo McGarry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

I'm aware that sausages are made up of all sorts however I purposely buy 80% pork ones because I hate grisly bits and seeing this caught me off guard. They will be off my shopping list for the time being!

80% pork means 80% "meat" from a pig - that includes grisly bits ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Thestones

BeardySi wrote: »
    80% pork means 80% "meat" from a pig - that includes grisly bits ;)

Ha ha yeah, I've had plenty of sausages over the years, I know you can get grisle but I don't quite expect to see a bit of tube sticking out! Anyway that's me done for sausages, Ive be been going off them for a while, this is the final straw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I'm more concerned that the end is see through. that's concerning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Markcheese

The pork part of Your 80% meat sausage is likely to be a lot of fat, tubes and gristle... Sorry.. A lot of smaller sausage makers don't use as much of the gristly bits...whether that's because they don't have access to the cheap bits or access to the machines to turn the cheap bits into sausages......

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭rameire

did you buy the sausage cooked or did you use a nuclear reactor to cook it?

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I love sausages but seeing that would easily put me right off

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

That grissly bit was definitely less than 20% of the overall sausage, so I don't see what you're complaining about :)
    2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    I love sausages but seeing that would easily put me right off

You should probably close your eyes when eating any processed food so, as this is on the lighter end of what can go into food.

Long and short of it is that it does you no harm and it tastes good, so eat up. We've become far too soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sausages.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Jaysus , i don't know about you lot but I'd kill for a fry right about now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

That grissly bit was definitely less than 20% of the overall sausage, so I don't see what you're complaining about :)

You should probably close your eyes when eating any processed food so, as this is on the lighter end of what can go into food.

Long and short of it is that it does you no harm and it tastes good, so eat up. We've become far too soft.

I even eaten thousands of processed foods i couldmt care whats in them. But seeing that would put me off. Nothing about been soft but seeing that sticking out like that well I can tell you I have never seen it before it may be in every sausage and it wouldn't bother me but seeing it like that would turn me stomach. Looks like a worm.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

if you do not want stuff like this you might want to stick to much lower % pork ones. I expect you would not find anything like this in 100% meat free quorn sausages, the higher the amount of rusk, breadcumbs etc, the less chance of finding stuff like this in them.

I am not a veggie or vegan, just pointing out a high % meat content is no guarantee of "quality"/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

It's a bit of a vein. The intestine is the size of the sausage itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭kala85

Where can you get the 80 per cent pork ones

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

kala85 wrote: »
    Where can you get the 80 per cent pork ones

tesco finest are 85% pork.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=266719273

I am not a big fan of them, I do not like the casings. To me sausages are not supposed to be very high % pork. Olhausens are my favourite, which are only 57% pork

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=254073351

Also as I said the higher the % of meat the possibly higher the chance of dodgy gristle. Especially if they are trying to price match a competitor with much lower meat content. It would make sense for them to use lower quality meat but more of it.

Advertisement