Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sucker punched to the head

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

This post has been deleted.
    Sounds painful

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Sounds painful

You went where I was trying not to!

I'm assuming it's a bikey term ????

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭the world wonders

smacl wrote: »
    Back on topic, I reckon I'll give that section of the Grand a miss until the cold and miserable weather is back and the local street life is back indoors.
    you might want to check the date on the OP (and in the court report) before you decide to do that. If anything I reckon it's safer in summer with more people around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

you might want to check the date on the OP (and in the court report) before you decide to do that. If anything I reckon it's safer in summer with more people around.

You didn't read the post last week from the woman that had a knife held to her neck while they tried to steal her bike so..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Plenty of groups of thugs in the city center attacking people and smashing up cars, in broad daylight. Wouldn't say more people being around is necessarily going to help your outcome.

I'd rather a taxi speed past me within a few inches in a bus lane than be a sitting duck having to stop to go through those stupid canal gates where these vermin hangout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,138 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

i was going to start commuting out the grand canal in a few weeks, reading all this im just going to go through Rathmines and out the long mile road, fck em

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

MB is undoubtedly right that these kids have been dragged up and intervention is needed earlier. Their parents were probably dragged up too and there is a economic aspect to it as well. Certainly food for thought as you're approaching a kissing gate with 10 scrotes waiting to bash your noggin in and take your bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

This post has been deleted.
    That's true, or take a detour/turn around and go back before it becomes a situation. It's better to have your pride bruised than to end up as a vegetable or RIP.
    As for the internet Conor McGregors who would batter all round them without breaking a sweat; you've read the thread, you know where these gangs hang around, feel free to go and sort them out at your convenience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

darconio wrote: »
    While cycling on my way home I came across a group of scobes average age of 14. They threw something at my face and I stopped asking if they were out of their mind doing that as I could fall and badly get injured. They of course didn't give a fcuk so I got on my bike and while running away one of them sucker punched me in the head causing my glasses to cut my nose and eyebrow.
    I obviously don't know who they are or had a good look at them, but I'm still badly shaken: is there any point reporting this to the guards? What should I do if I come across them again?
    I've never been assaulted or been in a fight in 44 years , I'm lost for words, like there aren't enough dangers out on the roads, I also now need to look out for bored kids

You need to have better awareness in situations like that, you were trying to be very reasonable and talk logically to very unreasonable and illogical people. What were you hoping to achieve by confronting them?

I think it d do you well, to learn to fight, if your going to confront people like that...because that could have been alot worse for you had they all decided to pounce on u it would have went from you gettin something thrown at u to being booted in the face on the ground. Your best off avoiding the confrontation if you havent the tools to deal with it.. so to speak!

They re scumbags tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

listermint wrote: »
    So you've cycled the route for 3 months and had no problems but you're going to make a complaint based on ?

A sense ?

He does not need to group cycle in the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭listermint

YFlyer wrote: »
    He does not need to group cycle in the evening.

Holey zombie thread batman

smacl wrote: »
    I suppose the problem isn't the vast majority though, it's the ones your likely to meet on that section of the canal. Even most of those are probably fine if you're non-confrontational but the issue is dealing with the exceptions. Not a fan of a nanny state but it's terrible that this facility is considered unusable due to risk of violence. Tbh I've no issue with horses, scramblers or getting a bit of lip. The concern is physical assault.

Non-confrontational? People just want to get from A to B.

listermint wrote: »
    Holey zombie thread batman

Ok Robin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Burning these ****ing bastards is too good for them and a waste of good fire.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Mod note: issue has been thoroughly discussed, no need to resurrect this thread. If OP wants to open it again PM me do not respond in thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement