Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German shorthair vs english pointer

• 21-12-2017 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Well lads. which of these dogs do ye find better nd why. Had a cracker of a German before until he got ran over. English was gun shy. Always liked the pointers so if buying what pointer ye go for. B hunting mainly on my own

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

Farmer2017 wrote: »
    Well lads. which of these dogs do ye find better nd why. Had a cracker of a German before until he got ran over. English was gun shy. Always liked the pointers so if buying what pointer ye go for. B hunting mainly on my own

if you can get a english pointer to retrive and go into cover thats the dog ,but they all wont do it .

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Farmer2017

blackpearl wrote: »
    if you can get a english pointer to retrive and go into cover thats the dog ,but they all wont do it .

Do u think German safer bet or english is the better overall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭daleshooter

I hunt with a English pointer /setter cross super dog retrieves land and water two more lads have comrades of her hunting superbly.I hope to breed her this coming year to a good German pointer know the German then I will have 3setting breeds in pups

I hunt with a English pointer /setter cross super dog retrieves land and water two more lads have comrades of her hunting superbly.I hope to breed her this coming year to a good German pointer know the German then I will have 3setting breeds in pups

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

Farmer2017 wrote: »
    Do u think German safer bet or english is the better overall
    Had germans for years and english pointer the english pointer was top class and one of the germans its a hard one to call.

Advertisement