Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transit tipper insurance commercial

Options
  • 21-12-2017 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Sorry mods if not in correct place.

Having major issues in trying to get insurance quotes on a ford transit tipper gross weight 3.5 ton, problem is i have never been insured in one before but would like commercial open insurance have tried 23 companys and not 1 is willing to even quote,

I am posting on behalf of my boss who owns a small commercial removal company his own policy is non optional to add too according to insurance companys and because he and myself have no no claims on tipper they just point blankely refuse to entertain us.

Ive seen so many tippers on the road and cant for the life of me figure out who has insured them.

Fleet insurance is not an option also as this is only his second vehicle he is trying to insure.

Any ideas or options or advice would be amazing as my boss is not exactly having a good start to christmas since he has purchased the van on the advice of his broker who assumed insurance was a gurantee easy thing to get on this van.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

thedoc46 wrote: »
    Sorry mods if not in correct place.

Having major issues in trying to get insurance quotes on a ford transit tipper gross weight 3.5 ton, problem is i have never been insured in one before but would like commercial open insurance have tried 23 companys and not 1 is willing to even quote,

I am posting on behalf of my boss who owns a small commercial removal company his own policy is non optional to add too according to insurance companys and because he and myself have no no claims on tipper they just point blankely refuse to entertain us.

Ive seen so many tippers on the road and cant for the life of me figure out who has insured them.

Fleet insurance is not an option also as this is only his second vehicle he is trying to insure.

Any ideas or options or advice would be amazing as my boss is not exactly having a good start to christmas since he has purchased the van on the advice of his broker who assumed insurance was a gurantee easy thing to get on this van.

If your boss has a removal business then what use is a open back tipper vehicle?

Many tipper vehicles on roads like transmit etc are not declared as tipper/pick up and only tell their insurers it’s a transit and system will default to the panel vam and Customer ‘forgets’ to corrected them

Advertisement