Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speakers cable question

Options
  • 21-12-2017 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭

I just bought the Logitech Z623 2.1 speakers for my PC I want to connect my PS4 to the speakers. On the box it shows a cable that has a connection on one end and two on the other a red and a white. On the back of the subwoofer it has two connections in red and white with AUX written beside it. Can anyone tell me what is the name of the cable I need connect to a games console :confused: Also will I need an digital to analog audio converter ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Get a HDMI audio extractor. That'll work fine but a digital 2.1 system with HDMI passthrough would have been the better purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭STEE

ED E wrote: »
    Get a HDMI audio extractor. That'll work fine but a digital 2.1 system with HDMI passthrough would have been the better purchase.
    What's the difference between the two you mentioned :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yours the sound card in the PC/Console makes the signal, with better systems the DAC is built into the sound system itself. Less prone to distortion/interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Have you a PS4 controller with the 3.5mm socket?

Advertisement