Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Check on Rent Review

Options
  • 22-12-2017 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭

Just doing the tenants rent review (yeah yeah call me scrooge). With notice it's going to be 33 months since the tenancy started but what has me a bit confused is the notice of the next rise goes out when? In 9 months to give them 90 days notice hitting 12 months or after 12 months effectively meaning it's 15 months until the next rise?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Just doing the tenants rent review (yeah yeah call me scrooge). With notice it's going to be 33 months since the tenancy started but what has me a bit confused is the notice of the next rise goes out when? In 9 months to give them 90 days notice hitting 12 months or after 12 months effectively meaning it's 15 months until the next rise?

TIA

Its minimum 12 months between rent reviews rather than from when the rent increase took place. So it can be 12 months between changes to the rent, provided the notice period hasn't changed if you conduct the review exactly 12 months since the prior.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Right sorry being thick here. So rent review is 20th December 2017 with an effective date of the new rent of 20th March 2018. Next rent review is 20th December 2018 with an effective date of 20th March 2019?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Right sorry being thick here. So rent review is 20th December 2017 with an effective date of the new rent of 20th March 2018. Next rent review is 20th December 2018 with an effective date of 20th March 2019?

Yes assuming notice periods have not increased.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thereality

AFAIK with the RTB rules, the day your served a notice is not a valid day to go towards a period. So to cover your ass you add a few extra days on it. So if you issue a rent review or an eviction on the the 20th December, it has to be from the 21st of December as the day it was issued from is not valid

The RTB has declared eviction notices invalid as the landlord correct the day it was on served on as part of the notice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Thanks guys! Maybe next year I'll wait a bit and do it in the New Year rather than just before Xmas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement