Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allianz Breakdown Assistance

Options
  • 22-12-2017 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I am looking to add some additional features to my new policy, and this one seems really helpful. Can someone advise me on this?

Is this literally means if my car is broken during driving they will come pick me up, tow my car to repair shop? And is this inside this:

1. They will try to repair my car on spot if it's something small? Do I pay for repair if they do that on spot?
    2. Will they drive me to home or nearest public transportation?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭glomar

well if parts are needed they will charge you for them
    As an insurance broker they are pretty bad . AA offer a platinum break down assist which is expensive but gets you a car for the duration of the repair . Howevertheir call out time in recent years is very slow upwards of 3 hour waits .

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

As with most insurance breakdown down cover they will fix it at the side of the road if they can or tow it if they can't. They generally only fix simple stuff. No insurance breakdown cover is as good as the aa.

https://www.allianz.ie/car-insurance/breakdown-assistance/

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sashab

So which one do you recommend then to take it? Can someone paste direct link for good AA?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

glomar wrote: »
    well if parts are needed they will charge you for them
    As an insurance broker they are pretty bad . AA offer a platinum break down assist which is expensive but gets you a car for the duration of the repair . Howevertheir call out time in recent years is very slow upwards of 3 hour waits .

What's wrong with Allianz as an insurance broker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

cee_jay wrote: »
    What's wrong with Allianz as an insurance broker?

They are an Insurer, not a broker

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement