Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get resistors in bulk?

Options
  • 22-12-2017 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

hope this fits in here.
    I am looking for resistors (bulk) that i could possibly buy in shops rather than ordering online.
    Especially before Christmas.
    would there be any shops that have stuff like that?

I know about Maplin but only saw a few which were expensive...couldnt spot anything in hardware stores or maybe i overlooked it.
    Any ideas/suggestions? (Cork)

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭com1

maybe give these people a shout - they are in Ballincollig and I think they have a walk in (shop) www.chip.ie

(Disclaimer... I've never used them)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

http://irishelectronics.ie

They are in Passage West

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

When you say bulk what do you mean? 100? 1K?

Maplin do some good little kits with lots of different values for very little money. I would have access to any amount of them in work, but the little maplin kit does come in handy when your stuck.

https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/e12-025w-resistor-610-piece-pack-fa08j

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Thank you very much for the links!!! That looks great so far!

With bulk i meant more in regards of hundreds, probably wont need more than 500.

When i last checked Maplins in Blackpool i couldnt find any bulk-ones :O the price looks actually alright!!

Thanks a lot for that!! i should be sorted hopefully!

celica00 wrote: »
    the price looks actually alright!!

Really?

Maplin have a 400% mark-up compared to real electronic outlets, they only stock one or two and the chances of them giving you the one you asked for are slim to none.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Last time I bought a few hundred, it was off ebay.

Advertisement