Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch eShop Gems

• 22-12-2017 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭

Idea nicked from the main games forum. There are about 350 games listed in the Switch eShop at the moment, and there are A LOT of great games there. Since there will be lots of new Switch owners in a few days, post your favourite eShop games here to help them out! (Digital games only)

(There are probably some existing Switch owners who might appreciate this thread too) :)

I'll start with a copy of my post in the Games forum...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Voez

s7gX2kU.png

Availability: Nintendo Switch
    What is it: A rhythm game using the Switch touch screen only.

Pros:
    • Good variety of music (game music, instrumental, J-Pop etc.)
    • Well over 100 tracks (with more added regularly for free)
    • Good mix of easy and hard tracks, so it's fun for all the family (from small kids to guitar hero aficionados)
    • Regular updates with free music. No paid DLC. One price at the start gives you access to everything.

Cons:
    • There is no progression system. All songs are unlocked and you can play them in any order and at any difficulty (this can also be a pro because you can dip and and out whenever you want). You can complete certain conditions to unlock artwork/story, e.g. get an "A" rating on 3 songs etc.
    • Maybe too many dance tracks (not my favourite style, but there is more than enough variety of other stuff to keep me happy).

This originally came out on mobile last year with a certain amount of free music and bundles of DLC that could be purchased with IAP. The Switch version gives you access to all music when you buy the game.

This was the song that hooked me originally.
    The pink diamonds are 'tap' notes, the pink diamonds on a black track are 'hold' notes, the small white diamonds are slide notes (keep your finger on screen) and the blue arrows are swipe notes.
    You touch the screen as the notes cross the white line at the bottom.

This is the 'hard' version of this song (there are two easier skill levels than this).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

gonna recommend Golf story for anyone checking out the eshop.

its a bizzare mix of golf and an rpg, but its oh so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Overcooked
    You don't know what kind of parent you are until you're holding a 4 year old by the collar and screaming "THAT WAS MY ****ING SOUP!" in her face because she fell off the truck again and you're not getting 3 stars now.

Make no mistake, you will kill people over this game. But they'll die smiling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Worth posting this link here, which shows you which eshop a game is cheapest in:

https://eshop-prices.com/?currency=EUR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not really a secret, but Steamworld Dig 2 is one of the best games on the eShop, hands down.

About 12-15 hours of exploring, digging, finding secrets, upgrading and just generally having a great great time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement