Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s the cost of a 5 minute 8.5Kw shower in 2017/2018 ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Vronsky

It's roughly 1m² per 100w but they are getting more efficient every year.

You're the one said 3kW, 2kW is adequate with energy conservation.
    Ebay Uk because the uptake on them is much higher and there's a bigger market. Re is 5 years behind Europe in it's perceptions of it's utility.

Well I mostly DC couple because grid tied and alternating current is of little interest to me.
    MorningStar charge controllers, Kraus and Naimer cam switches and Albright contactors are my only hard-won loyalties.
    The rest of my personal systems are made of whatever was vaguely suitable that I could get for cheap. I buy a lot of broken kit and fix it.

I've 550W syncing with mains on a cheapo 600W GTI I wouldn't recommend.
    No brainer really: Panel -> DC Isolator -> DC Powermeter -> GTI -> 3A RCBO -> AC Isolator -> AC kWh Counter & Power Meter -> Distribution Board.

I wouldn't but one could if one wanted with 3kW of solar available
    Assuming the air temp. is 15°C + 35°C = 50°C ...how hot do you want yer shower?

Is it not dangerous to have warm and not hope water constantly in the boiler?
    I was always told that the boiler had to be set to 60C to kill off legionnaires.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    There is an ESB appliance calculator app you can get. Pretty handy to give you a rough idea of where your money is being spent

What's next? Drilling a hole in the fridge to make sure the light definitely does go off and that you are not being unnecessarily charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,099 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

myshirt wrote:
    What's next? Drilling a hole in the fridge to make sure the light definitely does go off and that you are not being unnecessarily charged?

That's silly. I use a camera for this. :)

I press the door switch.

Advertisement