Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIrst Unread Post

Options
  • 22-12-2017 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I find that when I click this bar, I don't get to the last post I read/first unread post, it usually brings me to the last or second last post on the tread. Its been going on a few weeks now.

What can be done to sort this?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Is it this button that you're clicking on?

436569.png

The one to the right (alongside the last poster) should bring you to the last post of the thread.

Are you on the legacy or responsive site?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I go into the thread, scroll to the top of the page of posts where there is a silver bar saying unread posts. That now brings me to the 2 or last post in the thread.

I find this in all threads, new and old.

Boards.ie Employee

Hi Bredabe,

Could you post or e-mail us (hello@boards.ie) a screenshot of this please?

Hi Bredabe,

Could you post or e-mail us (hello@boards.ie) a screenshot of this please?

Hi Mark,
    I don't know how to screenshot if you tell me how I'll do it no problem. It still wasn't bringing me to first unread yesterday,

Tks
    BB

Boards.ie Employee

If you press Print Screen on your keyboard and paste the image into MS Paint.

For uploading, press Go Advanced under the Reply Box. Beneath the text editor on the next page, you'll see "Additional Options". Press the blue Manage Attachments button, then find and upload the image from your computer. Finally, copy the URL of that image and press the picture tool in the toolbar. Paste the URL in here. You can find a guide for the last couple of steps here (Point 10).

437255.png

• Advertisement

Hi Mark,
    Thanks a mil for that, I had never been able to do that up to now, and so simple too.
    Anyway, good news, it seems to have rectified itself and its back to bringing me to what I need to go now.

Hope you have a good new year.

BB

This is something which is happening for me too. I see a new post has been made on a thread. I go to that thread but instead of being brought to the new post I'm at the top of the page. So I scroll down but new post won't show for me.

It's an issue which has been going on for months now and which I posted about in a previous help desk thread.

Boards.ie Employee

Hi Persepoly, is there a particular thread where this is happening now? What's the most recent post that you see?

Hi Mark, It hasn't happened so far this morning but I notice it on long running threads. In the Where are you now thread over in AH for example or the Trivial Annoyances. I use the touch site on my mobile so when I look at the first page of After Hours and see a new post on one of the above mentioned threads let's say, I click on it.

But. The click brings me to the top of the thread page and when I scroll down I can't see the new post. The only way to is open up the regular site.

I have just taken three screenshots to demonstrate this. If I post them will you keep them unapproved and just have a look yourself?

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

I believe this is the ongoing issue on mobile that has been flagged. Sorry about that.

Is there a timeframe for it being solved?

Boards.ie Employee

Is there a timeframe for it being solved?

Not currently, I'm afraid. The dev team is trying to juggle a couple of different things at the moment. But I will certainly say it to them again.

Its reverted back to not responding to first unread post. I see this in each thread I visit.

Thanks Mark.

Advertisement