Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas eve pubs

Options
  • 22-12-2017 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know which pubs are open Christmas eve(ning)? We are meeting a couple of friends who are just landing in and a couple more who are working late enough on the day. Ideally West end but town is ok.

We'd usually go to the Crane for the early evening session, but just heard its earlier this year, and will all be done by 7.
    No Old Forge late sandwiches any more either ;)

Just wondering what the options are? PJs in Salthill is probably open?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

None in town that I've heard of. Will post if I do.

And yes, I've heard the same story about the Crane that you heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

inisboffin wrote: »
    Does anyone know which pubs are open Christmas eve(ning)? We are meeting a couple of friends who are just landing in and a couple more who are working late enough on the day. Ideally West end but town is ok.

We'd usually go to the Crane for the early evening session, but just heard its earlier this year, and will all be done by 7.
    No Old Forge late sandwiches any more either ;)

Just wondering what the options are? PJs in Salthill is probably open?

Haven't ventured there in quite a few years but Ward's used to be our destination once the pubs in town had closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Haven't ventured there in quite a few years but Ward's used to be our destination once the pubs in town had closed.

Ah forgot about Wards - it's a bit closer. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

Wards and pjs will be your best bets, they are open pretty late.
    Bierhaus and Massimo are usually always open when I'm leaving town, heading towards the salthill pubs, when the others are closed, but I don't know how late they stay open.

Wards and pjs will be your best bets, they are open pretty late.
    Bierhaus and Massimo are usually always open when I'm leaving town, heading towards the salthill pubs, when the others are closed, but I don't know how late they stay open.

I've definitely been in both until closing time Christmas Eves past (there were sore heads I remember), but not sure if it depends on staff.

Might ask in the other two though. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Barr an chaladh woodquay was rammed last Xmas eve

Barr an chaladh woodquay was rammed last Xmas eve

Yeah it did come to mind but I think they want to stick more central or West. Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

If someone would know which pub(s) in the city centre would definitely be open on the 24th - at least early/mid afternoon - I would be happy to learn which as my normal go-to's (e.g. An Pucan and O'Connell's ....) are closed ....
    Cheers and thanks ;)

Stone wrote: »
    If someone would know which pub(s) in the city centre would definitely be open on the 24th - at least early/mid afternoon - I would be happy to learn which as my normal go-to's (e.g. An Pucan and O'Connell's ....) are closed ....
    Cheers and thanks ;)

All those mentioned above! Neachtains closes around 5 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Hughes in woodquay too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Just to clarify: "closes" means the doors close. If you're in by 5 (maybe six in some places) they'll let you stay til about 8 or 9. But then you'll be heading off.

Just to clarify: "closes" means the doors close. If you're in by 5 (maybe six in some places) they'll let you stay til about 8 or 9. But then you'll be heading off.

That may be a bit of false hope Mrs O! :D

You're right about the mini lock in for some but others do a clean sweep, particularly the ones that are more 'mainstream'. Saying that there's exceptions depending on who's on.

Sure pub hunting for a later pint is half the fun anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭dockysher

any idea what time Barr an chaladh closed last year? Girlfriend working til 8pm so by time she home and redy be 9pm before be at any pub.
    Any chance of getting in any pub at this time?
    Also wot time does sliding rock pub across from hospital close does anyone know?
    Thanks

Advertisement