Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir - avoid avoid avoid

Options
  • 22-12-2017 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Hi reps,

I joined eir a month ago, selecting a broadband/home phone & eir vision bundle.

We have had nothing but problems since installation. The F2000 modem supplied is terrible. It constantly drops and has to be rebooted daily and the service is regularly interrupted.

Last night the connection went again but did not come back after rebooting the modem. I rang technical services and the line speed was decreased in an attempt to restore connection. It lasted all of a few minutes and went again. I contacted tech services again and the person I spoke to told me the modem needs to be rebooted every night before bed time to flush the DNS addresses!!

Spoke to another person and a visit was arranged for December 28th next. A week over Christmas without tv phone or broadband!!

I was put through to customer loyalty and was told there was nothing further that could be done. When I asked to cancel I was told there would be a cancellation fee of €388 payable!!

This morning I checked again and the modem is completely dead. No lights despite unplugging, resetting, checking other sockets etc.

to add insult to injury, I have just received my first bill today. What a lovely way to treat new customers paying for a service that they are not getting. To say I am less than impressed with your service is an understatement.

What is required in order for me to cancel eir without incurring an exorbitant cancellation charge.

Thanks.

And happy christmas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭KellyXX

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Hi reps,

We have had nothing but problems since installation. The F2000 modem supplied is terrible. It constantly drops and has to be rebooted daily and the service is regularly interrupted.

Last night the connection went again but did not come back after rebooting the modem. I rang technical services and the line speed was decreased in an attempt to restore connection. It lasted all of a few minutes and went again. I contacted tech services again and the person I spoke to told me the modem needs to be rebooted every night before bed time to flush the DNS addresses!!

Spoke to another person and a visit was arranged for December 28th next. A week over Christmas without tv phone or broadband!!

I was put through to customer loyalty and was told there was nothing further that could be done. When I asked to cancel I was told there would be a cancellation fee of €388 payable!!

This morning I checked again and the modem is completely dead. No lights despite unplugging, resetting, checking other sockets etc.

to add insult to injury, I have just received my first bill today. What a lovely way to treat new customers paying for a service that they are not getting. To say I am less than impressed with your service is an understatement.

What is required in order for me to cancel eir without incurring an exorbitant cancellation charge.

Thanks.

And happy christmas

They tried that on me when I cancelled because of bad service. They told me I couldn't cancel unless I paid, but sure I was getting no service.
    I just stopped using it and sent their modem back to them. They then sent loads of legal looking letters demanding payment over the next 3 years. I just told them to fcuk off,.that they didn't supply the service, and I stopped using it then.
    They just gave up after 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭ForestFire

If they cannot provide a reliable service as per contract and agreement, then there will be no cancellation fees.

You do not need to wait 3 years to get out of contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ajmull

You think that's bad? Broadband constantly dropping ou - three months, multiple phone calls, texts, emails, complaints, promises, visits by technicians and ultimately intervention by ComReg. Eventually solved by a technician who knew his stuff and solved it in ten minutes!! Promised refund for broadband failures. Did I get it??? You must be joking.

Avoid Eir at all costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi reps,

Last night the connection went again but did not come back after rebooting the modem. I rang technical services and the line speed was decreased in an attempt to restore connection. It lasted all of a few minutes and went again. I contacted tech services  again and the person I spoke to told me the modem needs to be rebooted every night before bed time to flush the DNS addresses!!

Thanks.

And happy christmas
    Hi CDBWhoop, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your service, I understand this is frustrating. 

I'm afraid the support team will need to assist you with this we are unable to deal with technical support issues from here. The technician would need to call out and assess the situation at your address to identify the issue. They can offer you updates from there on 1890 260 260.

Apologies for all inconvenience caused.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Hi CDBWhoop, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your service, I understand this is frustrating. 

I'm afraid the support team will need to assist you with this we are unable to deal with technical support issues from here. The technician would need to call out and assess the situation at your address to identify the issue. They can offer you updates from there on 1890 260 260.

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

What is required in order for me to cancel eir without incurring an exorbitant cancellation charge?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi CDBWhoop, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

What is required in order for me to cancel eir without incurring an exorbitant cancellation charge?

Thanks.
    As you are within contract charges will apply if you request to cancel I'm afraid. The technical support team and technicians will need to carry out their testing and work to determine the issue. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Typical eir, fancy ad campaigns to get you hooked then nothing but disappointment.

Advertisement