Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 Best Players in the Premier League

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Nah it's more a style issue. So many attack minded managers in the league that goals scored is naturally going to increase. Less defensive cover= more conceded, not the defenders fault they're more exposed.

Also you clearly haven't seen much of Real this season.

I don't think it's a style thing. The too quality defenders just aren't there any more. So many average ones. Even the likes of Michael Keane is worth 30 million because he's above average.

Also, real this season are off form...but they have good defenders. Won 3 of last 4 champions league.

If one top team could sort out their defence they'd win it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Alderweireld would be very close to the top 10 PL players for me.

They have picked Mkhitaryan ahead of Firmino who doesn't even make the list lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

In no order:

De Gea
    De Bruyne
    Hazard
    Kane
    Coutinho
    Salah
    Mane
    Sanchez
    Pogba
    Aguero

I find it hilarious to see how underrated Pogba is with many people on these forums.
    I'd say the forum overall rates him about where he should be rated, but if you check the names of people disagreeing with Pogba inclusions, they are invariably the more one eyed rival fans. Some people may generally not rate him, which is fine, but for the most part in this thread, their post history would belie their reasoning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

There not a whole pile of argue with on the last apart from Eriksen who shouldn't be anywhere near the top 10.

Aguero probably a little but high and ddg a little low on the list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The fact that David Silva was omitted makes is a complete joke. It's hard to make a top 10 list but not hard to put Silva in it.

Pogba wasn't so great last season, was very good for the early part of this season but has missed a fair few games so I'm not sure he should be in there. Morata would be in a similar position having only come this season and having missed too many games this season so far.

When you look at the top six clubs in the league you have Silva, De Bruyne and Aguero who would be the top players at City, you have Kante, Hazard and Azpilicueta who would be best at Chelsea imo. United is harder to pick players from but DDG is deffo one, maybe Valencia and Matic should be there as well, then at Liverpool it's Salah, even though he has only been there this season, and Coutinho. Tottenham have Kane, Eriksen and Alli. Arsenal have Sanchez for consideration even though he hasn't played much this season and Ozil but both have missed time and not been at their best.

I think my list would be, and in no particular order,

Silva
    KDB
    Aguero
    DDG
    Kante
    Hazard
    Salah
    Coutinho
    Kane
    Eriksen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Pogba hasn't played enough to warrant inclusion in top 10 imo, between injury and suspension he's missed quite a lot of league action in 2017. I'd have him somewhere in the 10-15 category.

• No mention of any defenders in the original list!
    Says alot about the defending in the PL :P
    On a serious note what CB would pop in that list?
    Phil Jones? Ben Davies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Pogba hasn't played enough to warrant inclusion in top 10 imo, between injury and suspension he's missed quite a lot of league action in 2017. I'd have him somewhere in the 10-15 category.

This is probably about right for me too. Wouldn't begrudge anybody having him in their top 10 either, even if he needs to do a bit more for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,976 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    No mention of any defenders in the original list!
    Says alot about the defending in the PL :P
    On a serious note what CB would pop in that list?
    Phil Jones? Ben Davies?
    Well I'd have Jones up there but again he has missed too many games. Davies is ok but I'm not gone on him either. Azpilicueta, Walker and Valencia would be best for me I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Otamendi.
    He's been superb this season.

Advertisement