Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Christmas Eir Tale or Panto?

Options
  • 22-12-2017 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Got the call from Eir yesterday, after the long wait, to check would I be at home today as Eir want to install my broadband. Sure I say, delighted with myself, after the long wait, a bit awkward but I will organise work and make sure someone is at home. What time will they call? Between 9 and 5 was the reply...pity it couldn't be more precise but great I thought to myself, as I was hoping to have decent broadband for Christmas for the kids etc. after the long wait....but alas this Christmas tale has no happy ending as there is no sign of the installer...another long wait I guess. Glad to see the Eir bosses are to be handsomely rewarded for their stewardship of the company though. I guess they got their Christmas present...but really I mustn't complain...it's only being a month or so...but wait...what's that?
    Another phone call, after 4pm, to say the tech is running late and...wait for it...can I be at home tomorrow to allow Eir to install the broadband? Sure it's only Christmas...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Under their service guarantee you're now entitled to claim one months free line rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

See attached

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Bif wrote: »
    Got the call from Eir yesterday, after the long wait, to check would I be at home today as Eir want to install my broadband. Sure I say, delighted with myself, after the long wait, a bit awkward but I will organise work and make sure someone is at home. What time will they call? Between 9 and 5 was the reply...pity it couldn't be more precise but great I thought to myself, as I was hoping to have decent broadband for Christmas for the kids etc. after the long wait....but alas this Christmas tale has no happy ending as there is no sign of the installer...another long wait I guess. Glad to see the Eir bosses are to be handsomely rewarded for their stewardship of the company though. I guess they got their Christmas present...but really I mustn't complain...it's only being a month or so...but wait...what's that?
    Another phone call, after 4pm, to say the tech is running late and...wait for it...can I be at home tomorrow to allow Eir to install the broadband? Sure it's only Christmas...
    Hi Bif, 

I've responded to you on another thread about cancelling your service. 
    I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your order. Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

Hi Bif, 

I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your order. Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Tracey,
               PM sent.

Thanks. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Bif, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Tracey,
               PM sent.

Thanks. 
    Thanks. 

I've responded to your PM there. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

Thanks.