Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Cleaning

Options
  • 22-12-2017 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,874 ✭✭✭

There is a road on my commute that is manky with mud, muck and when it gets damp it gets all over the bike and the components. There is a nearly construction site nearby where I would be certain most of the muck and mud is coming from. Has anyone ever reported this to the co co or does anyone know if I do report it would it be cleaned or would it be the construction company's responsibility to clean the street?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

It *is* the job of the construction company to clean the street but I'm not sure how best to chase them on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I'd say it's the residue from treating roads for frost a while back. We haven't really had any heavy rain or sun since to help wash it away and dry it up. Just murky damp weather. I'm spending more time lately cleaning bikes than riding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

FixYourStreet.ie, its been effective with SDCC.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

one issue is that you might not know who created the mess. i'd contact the local authority, as suggested above.
    that said, i must do that in relation to the slick of mud on the road just uphill from the cemetery at sutton, on the way down from howth head.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭kirving

To be fair, any time I've contacted the council about the state of a road they've been out asap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement