Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal Fees - House Purchase

Options
  • 22-12-2017 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there,

Just wondering what’s the average amount that I should expect to spend on legal fees (all included) for a 2 bed house around the €280k mark.

If anyone has any recommendations on a good solicitor for conveyancing in Dublin (preferably fixed fee), could you PM them to me please?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

countyguy wrote: »
    Hi there,

Just wondering what’s the average amount that I should expect to spend on legal fees (all included) for a 2 bed house around the €280k mark.

If anyone has any recommendations on a good solicitor for conveyancing in Dublin (preferably fixed fee), could you PM them to me please?

Thanks

For a house of that exact price, including stamp duty, we were quoted 53xx - don't remember the exact figures where the xs are

• Registered Users Posts: 9 countyguy

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    For a house of that exact price, including stamp duty, we were quoted 53xx - don't remember the exact figures where the xs are

Thanks. And were you happy with the service provided, dealings etc? If so, would you mind pm’ing me the details please?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

OP your costs will be
    1) Stamp Duty 1% of purchase price so 2,800
    2) Land Reg fees. These can vary but budget on 800 to 1,000
    3) Solicitors fees. You can find them between 1,000 and 2,000. Most bunch up at about 1,400 to 1,600. You have to add 23% VAT to the fee too.

All up it will cost around 5,500, give or take a bit

Advertisement