Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahvlahn: the Great Panjandrum Panto Edition - 22/12 two-seventeen so to speak

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

what does it say about you as a person fateen that you need someone to hold an umbrella for you hmmm??

Wat are you implying? Don’t ALL wurking class peeple have umbrella holders on their staff?

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Daughter?

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,822 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Or.....

13 years experience in various successful forms of radio, and a BA in Communications Studies, in addition to experience in journalism got her a radio job (at which she's very good) :)

If I remember correctly she was involved in the (Derek ) Mooney show as either a broadcast assistant or producer.

Now credit where credit is due, she is forking terrific at the playback gig, she’s been on it for a few weeks and just has captured the right element of commentary and sarcastic digs.

I really loved the “hmmmmmmmmmm” after the Duffy excrpt on the buke.

Great to see a little bit of ‘ bite’ in a programme which was always interesting but very much crying out for a bit of personality and the bit of spiky comment.

Hope she get the gig on a permanent basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

I think she's excellent on it, makes it something to listen to, rather than being a programme droning away in the background.

But she's taking the proverbial out of the wrong people and if Joe feels slighted then she can go back to scrubbing the toilets. In his eyes she's not a 'professional comedian' like Syl, Doc, O'Cackle and the 'rest of the gang'.

She'll go the same way as Davis McSavage if she isn't careful.

De 2-17 Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat:

Wurkdays in 2-17 to date so to speak up to and including St. Stephen'sessssssssssssssss Day and dat: 248
    Joe Shows: 196
    No Show Joe Shows: 53
    PBH Shows: 31
    D'Omen Shows: 14
    AN Udder Shows: 8

De Budget Show instead of Da Lahv Lahn and dat: 1
    De Funny Fryday on de Eve of Christmas and dat*: 1
    De St.
    Stephen'sessssssssssssssss Day Bestest Deaths a De Year Xtravaganza and dat**: 1

Notes for de eagle-eyed amongst you who notice de sums don't add up now and dat:
    * Technically not a Wurkday as it falls on a Sunday and dat so not included in de Wurkday total but included in Joe's total even dough he's probably on 3 x de usual fees and dat and it's nuttin' but a junket for him and his mates at de taxpayer's expense so to speak.
    **pre-recorded so to speak and darefore not included in de Wurkday total and dat but again included in Joe's total so he's benefitting from creative accounting and dat.

E&OE. All queries shall be answered in due course so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will there be any fans of the thread so to speak heading in to Dubalin town tomorrow to witness the fun and frolics of de festive show and dat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Will there be any fans of the thread so to speak heading in to Dubalin town tomorrow to witness the fun and frolics of de festive show and dat?

I could be there, the wife just informed me she'd like to go to the city tomorrow :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Negatory Atlantic but I'll be a-listening :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Not unless there's an option to pelt them with rotten fruit and eggs.

• Advertisement

While I'm here I'd like to wish you all a very happy Christmas.
    I don't know if I'll be listening tomorrow. It all depends how early, or not, I get to bed tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Booked into a room on the first floor of The Bailey Pub overlooking Duke Street, to get a good shot...er, I mean a good view of tomorrow’s proceeedings.

I’ve said too much. :blush:

Booked into a room on the first floor of The Bailey Pub overlooking Duke Street, to get a good shot...er, I mean a good view of tomorrow’s proceeedings.

Well done, well done, a bird's eye view sotospeak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

I've booked in to the sixth floor of the book depository that overlooks tomorrow's show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Not exactly the grassy knoll but well done.:)

I bet someone takes that for real and the hotel gets raided.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,069 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I've booked in to the sixth floor of the book depository that overlooks tomorrow's show.

Frederick Forsyth will write a buke about this.
    The Day of the Heckle.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Jeepers, this Christmas lark as has caught me up a bit unawares... I've to go into town to do a bit of last-minute panicking tomorrow, but hadn't quite made the connection with it being Christmas Eve - suddenly I've realised I run the risk of running into Joe and his rabble-rousing :eek::eek::eek:

Maybe I should devote myself to De Nortside, and stay well away, or I might do something I regret that wins me an award from the Lahvline boardsies......

dvcireland wrote: »
    Joesph on his way to rehersals...so to speak, interesting choice of umbrella #caliphate

"...out of the way scum, A lister approaching..."

joe-duffy-and-guest-vip-guests-arrive-at-vicar-street-for-a-performance-d785ad.jpg

It's a wonder he didn't use the one that comes supplied with the Jag.

Well we're on the way to dubaleen town for an auld bowl of coddle and a pint of the black stuff, anybody know what time all the craic and laughter will kick off on grafton street.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Well we're on the way to dubaleen town for an auld bowl of coddle and a pint of the black stuff, anybody know what time all the craic and laughter will kick off on grafton street.

9-11 usually, enjoy

9-11 usually, enjoy

How could i not enjoy it, sure syl will be cracking out the jokes

• Advertisement
    M

How could i not enjoy it, sure syl will be cracking out the jokes

Usually Brendan O'Cardlle is there too.

Does Joe be dressed up as Santy Claws on the broadcast from Grafton Street, has he the ' comedians' dressed as Elves...are they live from the Roadcaster or has no expense been spared and everybody is accomodated in a gianormous Sleigh shaped studio with geothermal heating......paint a picture for the listeners callers.

On grafton street now, no sign of the thousands here to see joe yet

Wait a minute, they're here, uncle bob is cracking out the jokes

M

On grafton street now, no sign of the thousands here to see joe yet

Give up yer oul fake news so to speak.

Joe has arrived, has anybody heard the ding dong of the luas he says

Joe has arrived, has anybody heard the ding dong of the luas he says

First tumbleweed of the morning :D

That gag doesn’t work without The Flintstones context, Joe :rolleyes:

M

Town is dead, well the northerden side anyways.

I wish this clown would give up his Give Up Your Aul Sins b*ll*x.

Oh wait he just slagged Joe's waistcoat, he won't be back next time anyway.

• Advertisement

They are on Duke Street? Did the stores on Grafton Street ask them to move along? What happened there.

A joke about Trump’s hair.

Wow.

Just...wow.

Joe Pesky. There you have it. It's like he deliberately tries to pronounce these names wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The Belvedere boys are such heroes staying up all night , such a load of codesce ding insulting Bollix to the homeless .

Its as bad watching it as it sounds on the radio, iv'e left

Got a blue and white radio one santa head for my sins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

This is painful, so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,170 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Today marks the day of the publishing of Sil Fox's first book of jokes back in 1867.

Mother of god, Doc Savage is laughing more than the audience...AT HIS OWN JOKES!

this Grafton street shows seems to really attract the talentless, Deluded and bewildered to get their one and only chance of appearing on national radio... a bit like the early shows of x-factor.

• Advertisement

Oops69 wrote: »
    this Grafton street shows seems to really attract the talentless, Deluded and bewildered to get their one and only chance of appearing on national radio... a bit like the early shows of x-factor.
    does that mean Mary Byrne will be singing after 10 ?

dvcireland wrote: »
    does that mean Mary Byrne will be singing after 10 ?
    she's on the 79 bus in from Bally'er now ,practicing/ shouting out A Shirley Bassey xmas number

Cataarh, beside Dubay and Oh-man

There's prizes for all the singers!! , no wonder every chancer in the city is down there

Why doesn't Brendan just shut up and give the singers a chance.

ok , I'm out , dreadful show , waste of time,time for some Carols from King's .Seasons greetings everyone ,moriya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,654 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Well.... the Christmas Eve Special Show seems to have boardsies riveted bored rigid.

I refuse to turn it on as I don't want my Christmas Eve ruined by the bad humour it would undoubtedly bring on.

Am I looking back through rose-tinted glasses when I remember Gay Byrne doing this programme and it was a lovely chat with the public and no grandstanding on his part, not this schmaltzfest of Joe's with all his (crap) comedian buddies and a total ego-trip on his part? (Much like how I remember Marian doing Liveline when it was a show most definitely to be tuned into, and fantastic and groundbreaking radio a lot of the time.)

See, I'm getting ratty just thinking about it :mad:

*DEEEEEEEEP BREATH*

Happy Christmas to all Da Lahvliners :)

M

Joe nervous when he's chatting to Dustin, he's liable to come out with anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I must admit to enjoying Dustin, amid the jokes is grim truth - The Turkey knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭TheHomeService

Has Joe asked “What’s your own name” to an audience member hoping for a freebie yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Joe very cranky.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement