Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lc maths

Options
  • 22-12-2017 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Did my 5th year Xmas exam today and it went awful. Really disappointed in myself but In saying that the whole class found it hard it was on probability and statistics and bits of algebra which we barely did. I do applied maths and physics too and they went perfect can’t seen to well in maths exams
    Any tips to get better ? I’ve been practicing questions in the book a lot but yanno....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭jeonahr

I'm not sure what book you're using, but if it's anything like mine, the actual exam questions are completely different.

Practice past exam questions because the first thing you need to know in an exam is the layout and the wording of the questions because finding out what they're asking is sometimes half the battle.

I've just done my 5th year Christmas maths exam today and in past class tests I was failing 20-30%, but I'm confident now. I did past exam questions and all the questions in my book on algebra because it's the base of all questions and you need to know how to do algebra as it comes up everywhere. I found that we didn't actually cover a lot of things in class, and I presume my teacher thought we already knew some of the stuff but I haven't done hard maths in ages before this year, so I suggest getting your algebra sorted first.

5th year maths was a real shock to my system and I did really well in it before.

Advertisement