Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to stay!

• 23-12-2017 12:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions for where to stay in Limerick city/suburbs?
    Needs to be reasonably priced and not too far(a bus trip max) from Thomas Street,

TIA

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

For a night/weekend/year? A bit more detail would help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭Bredabe

For a night/weekend/year? A bit more detail would help

Other than it's not for a year, I don't have any more info. Let's say, a week jic.

Any particular budget in mind? Any hotel in the city centre if its only a week. Everything is within a walking distance of Thomas Street. The Pier Hotel or The Perry if you're on a budget. The George or The Absolute if you fancy treating yourself.

Any particular budget in mind? Any hotel in the city centre if its only a week. Everything is within a walking distance of Thomas Street. The Pier Hotel or The Perry if you're on a budget. The George or The Absolute if you fancy treating yourself.

Again no real idea, other than its work paying for it. A/C think that its ok to put traveling workers into a hostel dorm!!!!, so nothing particularly fancy, a good B&B would work in the right area.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Again no real idea, other than its work paying for it. A/C think that its ok to put traveling workers into a hostel dorm!!!!, so nothing particularly fancy, a good B&B would work in the right area.

Thomas street and travelling workers. Uber I'm guessing? There are plenty of B&Bs in the city but I know very little about them to be honest. There are a few on O'Connell avenue that spring to mind. Mount Gerard B & B is one. Easy walking distance to Thomas street. 15 mins max.

• Advertisement

Latest is that its a one or two night stay in Jan, I'll be around the city all of the first day.

Which area's are safe for a lone woman in the city to stay in that time period?. I bought a friend to Limerick last Easter, she was intimidated by some of the tracksuited types she saw in the city day times. It put me off staying city center.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Latest is that its a one or two night stay in Jan, I'll be around the city all of the first day.

Which area's are safe for a lone woman in the city to stay in that time period?. I bought a friend to Limerick last Easter, she was intimidated by some of the tracksuited types she saw in the city day times. It put me off staying city center.

We have very athletic people in Limerick , big into fitness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

OP the city centre is absolutely fine, just employ the same common sense safety precautions you would in any other city in the world and you'll be fine.

Any of the city centre hotels will work perfectly for you, The George and The Absolute would be my suggestions. The Strand if you can swing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

source wrote: »
    Any of the city centre hotels will work perfectly for you, The George and The Absolute would be my suggestions. The Strand if you can swing it.

Agree, if work is paying for the accommodation then the above I'd consider reasonable, if paying yourself then the B&B I linked earlier is in a very safe location, 8/10 walk to where you need to go, more B&B's within another 5/6 minutes walk further on out the Ennis Rd towards Union Cross, no idea what any of them are like though

Look at the hotel options first, may be reasonable deals for January

• Advertisement

We have very athletic people in Limerick , big into fitness

Yup. must have been roid rage that made them try to steal her bag, follow her when she ran away. Finally kicking her in the head while "thanking" her for her "contribution" to their new trainers.

source wrote: »
    OP the city centre is absolutely fine, just employ the same common sense safety precautions you would in any other city in the world and you'll be fine.

That's true of cities, but in my home city, I wouldn't stand at a bus stop with the sort of equipment I'll be carrying. Especially after what happened to my colleague.

Aside from that, is it safe enough to walk alone in after the shops close?

I was in the strand last year and it was lovely. I'll check on the others now I'm back online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Yup. must have been roid rage that made them try to steal her bag, follow her when she ran away. Finally kicking her in the head while "thanking" her for her "contribution" to their new trainers.
    With the way you're talking, are you sure you want to come to Limerick?

With the way you're talking, are you sure you want to come to Limerick?

That kind of thing can happen anywhere, but as I don't know limerick I'm more concerned about it that if I was in a city I did know. Even if I didn't have to go, why would I not go?

Advertisement