Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Other Guys

Options
  • 23-12-2017 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭

So Ireland's boxing recession seems to be over, it started a couple of years after the economic downturn, and finished a couple of years later too.
    We now have around 100 professional fighters between North & South.
    We had 7 professional shows in the Republic last year, which is the most we've had since 2010. The North had 11, which although the same as 2015, is a number which hasn't been surpassed since the 1960's !!

Anyway to cut to the point, we've a hell of a lot more fighters and a hell of a lot more fights going on than we've had for quite some time. Not all of these people will deserve threads of their own or fit into other threads.
    Hence I've created this thread, for 'The Other Guys'.

To start things off, last Wednesday TJ Doheny, a Portlaoise Super-Bantamweight based in Australia won an IBF eliminator to make him the mandatory challenger for Ryosuke Iwasa's IBF Super-Bantamweight title.
    You can take a look at the fight here

Being honest I wouldn't really fancy him against Iwasa, but that's a fantastic win for him away in Thailand, and in many ways probably as big a win as Spike pulled off last weekend !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Some guys I went to school with and grew up with have turned pro in the last twelve months in Waterford.

Craig McCarthy, Dylan Moran, Rohan Date, just in the last week Barry Barnes.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Advertisement