Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

triton shower unit query

Options
  • 23-12-2017 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

hi i got a triton shower unit installed in our bathroom what i just want to know is

the cord you pull to turn on the electric for it i have been told its best to leave it on all the time, as this can break if u keep pulling it all the time?

which means when its left on the power in the triton green light stays on as well

can someone tell me what i should be doing leave it on or off?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭adrian92

torrevieja wrote: »
    hi i got a triton shower unit installed in our bathroom what i just want to know is

the cord you pull to turn on the electric for it i have been told its best to leave it on all the time, as this can break if u keep pulling it all the time?

which means when its left on the power in the triton green light stays on as well

can someone tell me what i should be doing leave it on or off?

thanks
    I would leave it on. Those cord switches , in my experience, eventually fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Why do they exist at all? They make no sense to me. I walk into mine at night and then it dings off the radiator for ages while I pee. Drives me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,099 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You'll spend more money replacing the pull cord then you ever will lighting the little bulb on it. Leave off & tie the cord up high if it bothers you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Leave the pull cord switch turned permanently on unless you need to isolate the shower in an emergency or you or someone else has to work on the shower, they can be arkward to replace & don't last as long if been turned on/off for every shower use

Advertisement