Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compatibility Nvidia GT 710 GPU and N68-VS3 FX.

Options
  • 23-12-2017 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys, I'm new to building PC's, so I wanted another opinion.

I can get a hold of a ASrock N68-VS3 FX MOBO and a GT 710 GPU. The seller says it's a Nvidia Gt 710 2gb Ddr3 Pci-e Geforce.

Since the mobo has a Pci express can I connect a  Pci Riser Express Usb 3.0 Pcie X1 X16 V 006c to the GPU? I checked the specs and it looks like they are compatible.
    Are they compatible?

I will be using Xubuntu LTS or something similar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You probably can, but why?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sounds like mining, multi GPU and risers. But a total waste of time like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ED E wrote: »
    Sounds like mining, multi GPU and risers. But a total waste of time like that.

I would like to know the performance of an AM3 CPU with a GT710.
    For science! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 setal

Totally K.O.KiKi, I'm gonna be monitoring this closely as is my first build. I found a new MOBO, and now I have a bunch of other questions hahahaha. Have spent the last days studying that mobo and haven't found the specs that relate to other functions on the Mother Board! Cool homepage K.O! I'm gonna check it out later on the day! :)

Thanks for the responses!

Advertisement