Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to get back driving asap

Options
  • 23-12-2017 7:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I was responsible for an accident with another vehicle while under the influence...a series of stupid decisions and actions that led to a 3 year ban from driving, with convictions for both careless driving and DUI.
    I got the disqualification from driving lifted in court a few weeks ago and have my licence back after 2 years off the road. My broker has worked on getting me a commercial van quote from my previous insurer. To my knowledge, the case has already gone through the Declined Cases Committee process.
    The quote to insure me on my van is €10K. This is beyond my means to pay but I need to drive.
    Please, has anyone any helpful advice on what my options are so that I can get back driving? Is there any possibility of me driving legally as a named driver on an open insurance policy, or perhaps to drive a company vehicle?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

what about a bicycle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Don't compound your current troubles by fronting. If the figure quoted by an insurer has been sourced by the declined cases committee, I think that will be the best available. The fact that it is a flat 10k figure means that I don't think tweaking the actual vehicle you want to drive will make any difference

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I really torn on this.

Half of me thinks, fuuck you, you did the unthinkable and now have to face the consequences, lap it up.

But in fairness the other half thinks, Jesus, how is a fella supposed to get his life back after serving the ban which is supposed to be the punishment?

This might be stupid and useless, any point in trying something like moped or such.

Advertisement