Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westside library Christmas opening times

Options
  • 23-12-2017 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the Christmas opening times of Westside library are?

Can't find any information on their website and I didn't hear any message informing callers of same on their telephone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://www.google.ie/search?q=Westside+library&oq=Westside+library&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Look on the right

Hours:
    Saturday 11a.m.–1p.m., 2–5p.m.
    Sunday (Christmas Eve) Closed
    Monday (Christmas Day) Closed
    Tuesday (St. Stephen's Day) 11a.m.–5p.m.
    Wednesday 11a.m.–8p.m.
    Thursday 11a.m.–5p.m.
    Friday 11a.m.–5p.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭bobbyss

biko wrote: »
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=Westside+library&oq=Westside+library&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Look on the right

Hours:
    Wednesday 11a.m.–8p.m.
    Thursday 11a.m.–5p.m.
    Friday 11a.m.–5p.m.

Many thanks. That has sorted my day.
    Not great on the auld computer. Had been looking at the main website (County Council) and the existing timetable is unaltered. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

biko wrote: »

Look on the right

Hours:
    Wednesday 11a.m.–8p.m.
    Thursday 11a.m.–5p.m.
    Friday 11a.m.–5p.m.

When I click that link, all I get is the standard google results page - and mine doesn't include hours.

And .. I'm kinda suspicious about the claim that they're open on Stephen's Day. It's a public holiday, we've got great innovation this year with a city-wide bus service that day, but I didn't think that spirit had stretched as far as the library service.

Is there any chance that you're seeing some kind of Google feature which does its best at guessing what the hours will be, based on the standard hours and holiday calendar?

I'll take a walk past the city branch soon, and see what the sign on its door says.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Google possibly gets it from
    http://www.galwaycity.ie/libraries-information/

What are the opening times of Westside Library?
    Monday Closed
    Tuesday 11.00am to 5.00pm
    Wednesday 11.00am to 8.00pm
    Thursday 11.00am to 5.00pm
    Friday 11.00am to 5.00pm
    Saturday 11.00am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 5.00pm

but do swing by and verify these time MrsB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,228 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I suspect they (Westside) are in fact closed today. Calls are ringing out anyway and no voicemail informing of Christmas opening times. That is strangely disappointing as the staff are the most helpful and courteous going. But I suppose doing a voicemail is not staff responsibility.

Speaking of which.

A few years ago I could not get info re this as well and called Island House about lack of information on website / lack of voicemail etc.

They agreed and said they would do something about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

The library is usually closed on the Saturday of bank holiday weekends. I’d guess they are closed today and reopening on Wednesday at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

City branch is now closed . Opening 11-5 on Friday 29th, and then closed again until tuesday 2nd.

I doubt if westside will be open for any more hours than that.

Advertisement