Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zelos Kit Settings

Options
  • 23-12-2017 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi all,

After some great advice here in October I only got around to getting my Zelos kit delivered this morning with an aim to give up the stinkys in the new year.

I used the videos recommended to get set up. Now the puzzle? As advised I put in the 1.8 coil with the recommendation of 9 watt power (Thanks YOUDIPSTICK). What about the voltage setting is this important and what should I set it at? I think I will stay clear of the temp control unless advised differently.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Hi all,

After some great advice here in October I only got around to getting my Zelos kit delivered this morning with an aim to give up the stinkys in the new year.

I used the videos recommended to get set up. Now the puzzle? As advised I put in the 1.8 coil with the recommendation of 9 watt power (Thanks YOUDIPSTICK). What about the voltage setting is this important and what should I set it at? I think I will stay clear of the temp control unless advised differently.

Thanks

Congrats Niall. It was the Zelos that got me off a 25 per day habit. You don't need to b worried about the voltage. Play around with the wattage settings to find out what suits you best. I like 12w myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭niall_walsh

Thanks ConJon

Congratulations on giving up. Hope this is a success for me. I've primed the coil etc and played with the airflow but don't seem to be getting a lot of vape out of it. This what made me think voltage was an issue. It is currently 3.5V. I will play around to see what suits.

As for quitting the smokes. Is it a case of vaping a little each time you get a craving or like a fag draw at it for a few minutes as if you were smoking? Sorry but a complete newbie!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

As for quitting the smokes. Is it a case of vaping a little each time you get a craving or like a fag draw at it for a few minutes as if you were smoking? Sorry but a complete newbie!

Pretty much mate. Just vape instead of picking up a ciggy. What nic level are you using btw?

I have both 12mg and 18mg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I have both 12mg and 18mg

Those levels should be more than enough to help lose the craving for ciggys. Once you get down to 6mg you can move to a wider range of flavors and really save money on the bigger bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Most coils work best between 3.7v and 4.3v, so 3.5 on a 1.8ohm coil is on the low side. If it's a nautilus 2 then try 4v with 3 airflow holes open with the 18mg juice, for each extra air hole you open your going to have to crank up the power slightly to balance flavour and throat hit.
    For the 0.7 coil around 3.5v with a 12mg should be grand. I'd suggest 50/50 juice if going higher than 3.7v on the 0.7 coil as pg can burn at higher voltage.
    Remember to try different flavours, don't write off certain flavours because the don't sound nice, vaping suits some flavours surprising well.
    And most importantly if you get stuck don't buy cigarettes, just ask here and somebody will be happy to advise you.
    Best of luck giving up the ciggies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Hi all,

Thanks

Hi Niall,good to hear that you got the Zelos kit & that you have started vaping already & it's great to see the other Guys helping you out & also offering you sound advice.
    I remember when I was a newbie at vaping,it was really overwhelming for me at the start but the first excitement for me was that I never fancied a fag since my first vape,I thought,I deserved a medal for that:D:D gimme gimme:D:D:D:D

Everyone has their own sweet spot when vaping,watts & air is very important when vaping to your liking,it's just a matter of adjusting your air to the watts or vice versa,I like an airy draw with 4 holes open & vaping at 16w using 18mg,you should try one hole open at 12w & then try 2 holes open at 12w to see what it's like,if that is not satisfying then bump the watts up to 14w or open more air holes,eventually you will find the right combination for yourself.

You will soon know if your watts are too high,you'll get a burnt taste,just drop the watts down a bit.

As Venom says,just vape when you fancy a fag or anytime you like,I vape MTL approx every 30 secs to a couple of mins,depends what I'm doing & I love Direct to Lung(DL) vaping along with MTL,everyone of us vape differently...

AS Conjon says,forget about volts,wattage is the way to go,volts were used all the time years ago because there were no mods with wattages back then....

Let us all know how you are progressing...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

AS Conjon says,forget about volts,wattage is the way to go,volts were used all the time years ago because there were no mods with wattages back then....

Let us all know how you are progressing...

Have to slightly disagree here, watts are handy for fine tuning but voltage is extremely important.
    Vape sub ohm at 80w for a while and then throw on your mtl tank and forget to adjust from 80w and get instant burn. Now vape sub ohm at 4v and then swap tanks for mtl and the 4v is fine, wattage will adjust itself.

I use Watts on most mods but I always watch the voltage and start at 3.7v to break the coil in, normally end up at 4v on either sub ohm or mtl.

So basically use voltage as a reference, set your desired Watts and if the voltage is something like 5v or 6v then you know the Watts are too high.

corsav6 wrote: »
    Have to slightly disagree here, watts are handy for fine tuning but voltage is extremely important.
    Vape sub ohm at 80w for a while and then throw on your mtl tank and forget to adjust from 80w and get instant burn. Now vape sub ohm at 4v and then swap tanks for mtl and the 4v is fine, wattage will adjust itself.

I use Watts on most mods but I always watch the voltage and start at 3.7v to break the coil in, normally end up at 4v on either sub ohm or mtl.

So basically use voltage as a reference, set your desired Watts and if the voltage is something like 5v or 6v then you know the Watts are too high.

I know what you are saying but that's why we all have different ways of vaping & doing things,in power mode,which the Zelos only has,I would never check the volts & any mod out there in power mode,only time I check volts is in temp control (TC)
    Having your watts too high after using sub-ohm & then frying your next coil is always possible if you jump from DL to MTL,so the screen has to be looked at,no reason to look at the volts just look at the watts & sort it out from there.

I have to disagree with the first statement you made,if you are vaping sub-ohm at 80w & your volts is reading 3.7v it will not save your coil from burning because you are in wattage mode,so watts are more important,just don't forget to drop your watts when changing tanks.
    I have a number of MTL tanks in front of me & one is telling me the reading is showing me 1.75ohm/16w/5.29v & vaping perfect,if I adjust the volts down to 3.7 or 4v,I would not get a perfect vape.

You have to be in either wattage mode or voltage mode to make proper adjustments & mostly all mods today cannot work in voltage mode,voltage is only good for TC for adjusting the ramp up time of the coil.
    IMO,don't look at your volts at all & look at the watts only & adjust accordingly.
    You are giving yourself double work by looking at the volts.

Maybe I'm wrong & you are right but that's the way I have read it since wattage first appeared on mods about 4 or 5 years ago & never had any probs vaping,I know nothing about the in's n out's of electricity but my way works for me...

Merry Christmas to all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

I know what you are saying but that's why we all have different ways of vaping & doing things,in power mode,which the Zelos only has,I would never check the volts & any mod out there in power mode,only time I check volts is in temp control (TC)
    Having your watts too high after using sub-ohm & then frying your next coil is always possible if you jump from DL to MTL,so the screen has to be looked at,no reason to look at the volts just look at the watts & sort it out from there.

I have to disagree with the first statement you made,if you are vaping sub-ohm at 80w & your volts is reading 3.7v it will not save your coil from burning because you are in wattage mode,so watts are more important,just don't forget to drop your watts when changing tanks.
    I have a number of MTL tanks in front of me & one is telling me the reading is showing me 1.75ohm/16w/5.29v & vaping perfect,if I adjust the volts down to 3.7 or 4v,I would not get a perfect vape.

You have to be in either wattage mode or voltage mode to make proper adjustments & mostly all mods today cannot work in voltage mode,voltage is only good for TC for adjusting the ramp up time of the coil.
    IMO,don't look at your volts at all & look at the watts only & adjust accordingly.
    You are giving yourself double work by looking at the volts.

Maybe I'm wrong & you are right but that's the way I have read it since wattage first appeared on mods about 4 or 5 years ago & never had any probs vaping,I know nothing about the in's n out's of electricity but my way works for me...

Merry Christmas to all...

Niall, nothing you need to be worried about starting off. The Zelos automatically adjusts the voltage . At 9w mine reads 4.1, at 12w 4.7v. This is with the 1.8 coil. The Zelos is a brilliant starting kit. I've been using mine daily since I got it . On the N2 tank, just don't overfill it and you'll be fine.

Happy Christmas everyone, now back to the kids toys..
    Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 48 1983ish

Hey op
    My zelos is arriving tomorrow and I’m unsure about what juice strength to use with the sub ohm coils.
    I am currently using 18mg juice in a nautilus mini with the 1.6ohm??? coils.
    I’ve 2 of the high ohm coils left so I’m planning on using them with the last of my 18mg juice in the nautilus 2 tank then I’m thinking 6mg juice with the sub ohm?
    Or 12mg?
    How are you getting on with yours?

1983ish wrote: »
    Hey op
    My zelos is arriving tomorrow and I’m unsure about what juice strength to use with the sub ohm coils.
    I am currently using 18mg juice in a nautilus mini with the 1.6ohm??? coils.
    I’ve 2 of the high ohm coils left so I’m planning on using them with the last of my 18mg juice in the nautilus 2 tank then I’m thinking 6mg juice with the sub ohm?
    Or 12mg?
    How are you getting on with yours?

I have never tried the new 0.7 ohm coil in a Nautilus doing Mouth to Lung(MTL) style,the coil says to do 23w max on it so my best guess would be 18mg first because you are using that at the moment,if you find it too strong then drop to 12mg.
    6mg might not give you that Throat Hit(TH) you require when vaping Mouth to Lung(MTL) style.
    If you decide to vape a restricted Direct Lung(DL) style on your Nautilus then I would use 6mg/80vg-20pg for a smoother vape.

Everyone vapes differently,just a matter of finding your own sweet spot.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful,maybe others on here who have used the 0.7 ohm coil in the Nautilus2 can give you a better answer...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 conhen

Hi new to vaping myself. I've got a 20w kit at present which does the job but still leaves me wanting a bit.. Where did you get the zelos starting kit. I've seen huge variation on price and just wondering what the best (cheapest;-)) place to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Thanks a million for that.

Just made the order. Thanks a million for the code. Will defo be back for some advice. Bye bye cigs!!!

conhen wrote: »
    Just made the order. Thanks a million for the code. Will defo be back for some advice. Bye bye cigs!!!

The Nautilus2 tank is like a lot of other top fill tanks,it leaks a little because it floods the coil at every fill.
    The trick is,you need to stop the liquid from flooding the coil...

Fill tank as usual,screw down the top cap until you feel it biting into the O-Ring & then turn the tank upside down (liquid is now away from the coil,only air is visible around the coil) & continue screwing the top cap in the upside down position & you are now ready to vape...

Advertisement