Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headset recommendations

Options
  • 23-12-2017 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Hey folks
    Looking to upgrade my current headset, looking for some recommemdations

I have a ps4, would prefer a wired one but would go wireless if I had to, my budget would be anything up to 200

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-gaming-headset/
    • Wired: Kingston HyperX Cloud/ Cloud II
    • Luxury: Sennheiser Game One
    • Wireless: LucidSound LS30

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

The standard Sony wireless ones are very good, I use them regularly

Icaras wrote: »
    The standard Sony wireless ones are very good, I use them regularly

Having tried both, I'd go for the Cloud; you literally forget you're wearing them sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭chris20

The 3 I was going to go with were

Turtle beach stealth 600
    Senniheiser gsp300
    Steel series arctis 7

But the cloud ones keep coming up, I must look into them, where sells them here?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

chris20 wrote: »
    The 3 I was going to go with were

Turtle beach stealth 600
    Senniheiser gsp300
    Steel series arctis 7

But the cloud ones keep coming up, I must look into them, where sells them here?

Smyths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

HyperX Cloud 2 gets mt vote as well. Awesome cans for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Have TB improved recently? They were pure ****e when I last tried them a few years ago. Like sub Skull Candy junk. Surprised to see them on your list.

ED E wrote: »
    Have TB improved recently? They were pure ****e when I last tried them a few years ago. Like sub Skull Candy junk. Surprised to see them on your list.

A friend of mine that hated TB got a pair for his birthday and was actually surprised by them, battery life is much better than previous ones

Venom wrote: »
    HyperX Cloud 2 gets mt vote as well. Awesome cans for the price.

Seems to be the most popular one , I must pick up a pair

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the Clouds are very popular with the gaming crowd due to the comfort along with great sound
    I have 2 pairs as I picked up a 2nd pair that were on sale in Smyths for €50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hyper X Cloud 2 user, very good headset.

Always on special on Amazon so should get it for 50ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the cloud 1 might be better for the PS4 as the cloud 2's have a USB add on for the pc to get a virtual 7:1 sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Those GSP 300's are amazing. Found them better than the Hyper X's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I picked up a set of the sennheiser gsp 300 on Christmas eve. They're excellent. Can't comment on the hyper x ones but definitely recommend the gsp's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Astro A40 and Mixamp, definitely on the high side of price but stunning in many many ways.

I've been through a few headsets and the comfort of these is amazing especially as they are quite chunky, they sit on your head and don't ever need to be touched, light as a feather. Never any complaints about mic quality but to be fair most mics are decent these days.

Excellent sound and also totally adjustable by connecting to pc, that may be awkward for some but my pc and consoles are side by side so I just have a spare cables to switch things around. That said you may never need to adjust from the presets either.

Edit: Another thing to note, actually a big one, is that most won't do surround on consoles without an additional amp and this is where the A40 steps it up, nice complete package. The wireless Sony own brand are good and give you surround sound on the cheap but nowhere nearly as good as the Astro's for sound, build and comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Logitech G633 Artimus Spectrum

For the price of them they are amazing, I have been using the sony official headset for 2 yrs and its a decent headset. But the difference in sound quality is night and day with the logitecs.

Also they will work on the PC (7.1) and on xbox and PS4 so its a no brainer.

Thanks all for the recommendations, after all this the decision wasnt mine, the other half surprised me with the hyperX Cloud 2 headset, I have to say I'm very impressed with them so far, at first the Mic wasn't working in the party chat, not sure what i did but eventually got it working

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Thanks all for the recommendations, after all this the decision wasnt mine, the other half surprised me with the hyperX Cloud 2 headset, I have to say I'm very impressed with them so far, at first the Mic wasn't working in the party chat, not sure what i did but eventually got it working

I get this regularly or at least fairly regularly. It'll be fine and then the mike won't work someday I turn on the headset. Not sure what I'm doing or how I fix it, which invariably involves shouting at it. Thought it might be Nat issues or the chat cable. I can get into parties and hear everyone but they can't hear me. It seems to just fix itself eventually but annoys the hell out of me.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I get this regularly or at least fairly regularly. It'll be fine and then the mike won't work someday I turn on the headset. Not sure what I'm doing or how I fix it, which invariably involves shouting at it. Thought it might be Nat issues or the chat cable. I can get into parties and hear everyone but they can't hear me. It seems to just fix itself eventually but annoys the hell out of me.

Yeah last night I was in a party talking away then all the sudden the Mic went, switched the Mic on and off on the inline box and nothing, unplugged the usb connector from the ps4 and reconnected it and it worked again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads what is the best wireless headset for the PS4 under 150 euro?

• Advertisement

Lads what is the best wireless headset for the PS4 under 150 euro?

Lucidsound LS30
    €93-100
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017NDOY4E

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Update the firmware

https://www.hyperxgaming.com/en/support/technical/downloads/87032

umm will need a PC to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Was going to get a Blue Snowball but just picked up the Antlion Modmic 5.0. Well worth it if you have a good set of headphone's that you love. I use them with my Beyerdynamic DT 770's and they are the perfect match. Friends have told me the mic quality is the best they've heard yet. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Need a new headset, as my XP510's are on the way out. Not the sound, the left ear support is breaking, has broken twice and glued twice, but breaks are very near each other so only a matter of time before gluing won't work anymore (and tape doesn't help as it doesn't keep it on the head properly).

So, I was going to get the PS4 Platinum headset, as I've heard lots of good reviews. However, I can also get the Razer Thresher 7.1 for about €20 more, so was tempted by that. Anyone used both of them per chance, or recommend one over the other?

Is it wireless you're going for? I'd recommend the HyperX Cloud Flight. If you don't mind a wired set then i'd recommend Sennheiser GSP 300.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Do yourself a favour and get the Turtle Beach Elite Pro Tac Bundle, I got mine on sale for €249 and it was a bargain. They are usually €250 each (Gamestop have them both in stock for €498) for the headset and Tac AMP but a new one has launched and the old one is now €250.

Now would I pay €500 blips for a headset and amp no way unless I was a streamer or the like.....but for the money you get a serious amount of kit and hardware 7.1 surround (not software)

You will get the die hards saying they have a headset for 50 quid and its brilliant blah blah blah...but if you think about the amount of time you spend on the PC or Console its a no brainer, they are next level for both sound and audio. Even a good mid range set is at least 80-100 euro.

Not sure what the new ones are like but treat yourself you would regret it. I ordered mine direct from TB europe and they came from a warehouse in Galway.

https://uk.turtlebeach.com/pages/playstation-headsets-elite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Got a set of Plantronics Rig 800’s, HD amazing sound and quality. Wireless too.

I got a pair of SADES sa810 on Amazon, think they were 30euro and they are brilliant

Sades SA810 Newest Version New Xbox One, PS4 Gaming Headset with 3.5mm wired Over-ear Noise Isolating Microphone Volume Control for Mac/PC/Laptop/PS4/Xbox one [White & Black] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07B2SKHFM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_OCHsCbZCHY8QK

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Need a new headset, as my XP510's are on the way out. Not the sound, the left ear support is breaking, has broken twice and glued twice, but breaks are very near each other so only a matter of time before gluing won't work anymore (and tape doesn't help as it doesn't keep it on the head properly).

So, I was going to get the PS4 Platinum headset, as I've heard lots of good reviews. However, I can also get the Razer Thresher 7.1 for about €20 more, so was tempted by that. Anyone used both of them per chance, or recommend one over the other?

Could you try wrapping Sugru around the weak point on them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Could you try wrapping Sugru around the weak point on them?

Good suggestion, not sure though as the cracks are right where the headset extends.

I think I might splash on the TB Elite Pro Tac bundle. Just have to hope the headset holds out a bit longer!

Thanks folks!

Advertisement