Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your experience with tour guides in NYC?

Options
  • 24-12-2017 6:27am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭

I'll be travelling to New York from Dublin in a few days time. I was wondering if there would be bus tours taking you around similar to the ones you'd get in Galway-Wild Atlantic Way.

Would also like to know what sites beyond the usual touristy ones you found interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I avoid bus tours like the plague, so can't help you there.

I'd recommend free tours by foot though. I gave a donation (as did most) after each tour, but they were well worth it. The brooklyn tour was probably the best, but I also did the chinatown one with them aswell which was brilliant and included stopping at some take aways with really tasty food.

Tours like them are the best tbh, as I'd never know what to go looking for in NY outside of the usual attractions.

Advertisement