Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kaiser footmuff for maxi cosi cabriofix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Wexy86

Millem wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a footmuff to fit a cabriofix?

I bought this one last year, fit grand, bit longer than the seat so will do if you have a baby with long legs. done the job and wasn’t too heavy so good the milder months too. £11 for the beige and a few pound more in different colours. Have no complaints and would purchase again.

Clair de Lune Salisbury Car Seat Footmuff (Sand) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00R7NP6FM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_SFcqAbDABYB9E

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I have a wallaboo, but wouldn’t buy one for a 4 mth old really. They’re fab, but my 6 month old is getting a bit squooshed in it. My last baby was a December baby, so got the full winter from it.
    The only one that’s crash tested is the morck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

jlm29 wrote: »

Thanks jlm Never even thought of that!!
    I just assumed once they all had holes in harness they were safe :(
    I wonder are travel grobags safe? Little Guy is getting them for Christmas!

I didn’t think morrck looked that warm? Will look into them now!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭fits

The morrck are warm and they cover babies head and shoulders etc. best thing we bought for the twins.

fits wrote: »
    The morrck are warm and they cover babies head and shoulders etc. best thing we bought for the twins.

Warm enough for no coat and car seat on buggy out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Morrck is brilliant, I loved mine but now at a year (and for the last few months) I don't find it quite as good because my little one won't stay wrapped up in it. I actually was thinking of getting a footmuff because at least if they're zipped in it can't open. The morrck you just wrap around so as they get more mobile they can't kick it off and also won't leave their arms swaddled.

Edit to say I just realized that my fleecy one was only 0-6 months so I'm still only using the lighter summer one so maybe the heavier one would stay on better.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭fits

We put on a fleecy baby grow over their regular one and a hat and mittens and the morrck was grand for outside. Last winter wasn’t very cold though.

To me the morrck literally looks like a fleece blanket with 3 slits; 2 for harness too and one for crotch straps....you pull harness through, then put baby in and put harness on, then wrap baby in blanket?

Yep that's essentially what it is! There's a hood built in too. It's just so handy especially in the early months not needing to put a coat on them, and also if they fall asleep in the car seat and you end up somewhere warm like back home or cafe etc and don't want to wake them it's easy to open the blanket without waking them.
    Everywhere I used to go people commented on how cost the baby was and how they'd live to swap places! Even with a December baby I never used coats.

Thanks jlm Never even thought of that!!
    I just assumed once they all had holes in harness they were safe :(
    I wonder are travel grobags safe? Little Guy is getting them for Christmas!

I didn’t think morrck looked that warm? Will look into them now!!!!

It never dawned on me either, that’s why I bought a wallaboo, but I still used it. I considered buying a morck this time, but I didn’t bother because I had a summer baby

• Advertisement

It never dawned on me either, that’s why I bought a wallaboo, but I still used it. I considered buying a morck this time, but I didn’t bother because I had a summer baby

Is it because the delay in getting child out of harness with a zip (normal
    Footmuff)?

Maybe the maxi cosi one is warmer..,I presume that’s safe?

I honestly don’t know what the issue could be. I think it’s more that the others haven’t been tested at all- not that they’ve been tested and failed- or that’s what I tell myself anyhow!

http://thecarseatlady.blogspot.ie/2011/01/bundle-me-everyone-uses-it-in-car-seat.html?m=1

When I googled this came up. I'd take it with a pinch of salt though. I understand how say a thick down coat might compress in a crash but a layer of fleece wouldn't have air in it like a down coat so I doubt it could squeeze much.
    There's a lot of 'safety advice' out there that I think parents need to judge for themselves. Sometimes if you paid attention to everything you would have a baby wrapped in cotton wool in a box for the first five years. I know car safety is very important and I'm not questioning that but I sometimes wonder what information is based on proper studies and fact, it can be hard to decipher.

I still haven’t bought anything yet!!!

Anyway saw this on lidl. It looks like a copy of the morrck? Has anyone seen it before?
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=6293

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Anyway saw this on lidl. It looks like a copy of the morrck? Has anyone seen it before?
    I'm waiting outside lidl so will report back when I get one.

Haven’t seen those before in Lidl but funnily was in TK Max yesterday and saw a load of similar things and was thinking maybe they’d be as handy for the car seat. Esp when they’re smaller, probably depends on the size of them if they’re useful as the baby gets older. Probably worth a try for 10 eur! Bought a Morrck as an present before Christmas and it was the guts of 50eur delivered.

Milliem the blankets from Lidl are lovely but I'm returning them. I'm not sure if the sex and the grey orange one is very boyish and the other unisex one is just grey and getting tired of grey :o but otherwise they look lovely. Soft too.

Milliem the blankets from Lidl are lovely but I'm returning them. I'm not sure if the sex and the grey orange one is very boyish and the other unisex one is just grey and getting tired of grey :o but otherwise they look lovely. Soft too.

THanks tea and cake. Are they big? What size baby would fit in?

THanks tea and cake. Are they big? What size baby would fit in?
    Size I'm brutal with, genuinely I have no idea. Also I'm a first time mum so haven't a clue of baby sizes. Size on the back is 90cm x 75cm. I'd say definitely a 3 month old but that is also baby dependent. Good size I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭OrlaFS2017

I had the wallaboo for the car seat & size 2 morrck for the buggy. Mine were both Oct babies & worked really well. My 2 year old still uses morrck with her buggy-the zipped footmuffs never sat right in the buggy/painful when folding buggy so morrck is much easier

• Advertisement
Advertisement