Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Muslims celebrating Christmas

• 24-12-2017 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

The local kebab shop has Xmas lights and decorations everywhere. The staff are all wearing santa hats and wishing everyone a merry Xmas. Fair play to them, .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You know they believe in Jesus right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,265 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The local kebab shop has Xmas lights and decorations everywhere. The staff are all wearing santa hats and wishing everyone a merry Xmas. Fair play to them, .

Yes Muslims are just normal people mainly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'm not sure Sean, Brenda and Joe down the kebab shop are Muslims...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Yeah I saw a documentary once that claimed Muslims were almost exactly like real people. Hard to believe but they made a good argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

The 3 wise men were Sikh's you know.......they were wandering all over the desert going,
    " we sikh him here, we sikh him there, we sikh him everywhere"!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

They don't celebrate Christmas so it's great to see them making an effort to be part of community and get in the spirt. I am a bit racist so this made me realise they're not that bad. I still don't order any pork off them though.

Yes Muslims are just normal people mainly

You'll not be writing that when they cut off both your hands in the new Islamified Sharia Republic of Irlanda.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 492 ✭✭Gerrup Outta Dat!

Christians celebrating Christmas Yule is a bit hypocritical too. It’s a hijacked pagan festival after all.

Asking a non-Christian why they celebrate Christmas is like asking someone why they have sex when they don’t want to have kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

You do realise Christmas has nothing to do with santa or Xmas lights and decorations so it's ok for them to have these things.

/ Gets tinfoil hat :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Your point being?

• Advertisement

bear1 wrote: »
    Your point being?

They're a grand bunch of lads!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

They're a grand bunch of lads!!

Ara jaysus the title should be changed! Tis awfully misleading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

One of my best friends, and training partner is Muslim.

Thursday was the clubs last night before the Christmas break, and he dressed up for the childrens class (which he coaches).

436995.jpg

He's on my left (I'm in the blue Judo suit).

And here's Muslim children celebrating the holidays with Irish troops in Tibnin orphanage, south Lebanon last week.

436996.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

You'll not be writing that when they cut off both your hands in the new Islamified Sharia Republic of Irlanda.

And I guess you won’t be able to type anymore nonsense then either, win win!!

My point is fair play to them for making an effort at integration. Giving all the ****e going on over the last few years people would have you believe that they hate us and our way of life. Behead the infidels ect. Fair play to them.

As I said I am a bit racist so this brought a bit of happiness too me. I'm working hard not to be racist

Go away out of that with your staged photos. You wouldn't walk the streets of Malmö in a dressing gown and a Santa hat!.

Go away out of that with your staged photos. You wouldn't walk the streets of Malmö in a dressing gown and a Santa hat!.

Have you been to Malmo?.

I've a friend living there, he's an Israeli Jew. He's married to a Swedish Jew and raising their children in a Jewish home, he's perfectly happy to stay living in Malmo for some reason.

But I get what you're saying too, and your attempt at a wind up.

I'm not sure if I'd walk down Luton or Bradford either, but sure there's arseholes and extremists everywhere.

Have you been to Malmo?.

I've a friend living there, he's an Israeli Jew. He's married to a Swedish Jew and raising their children in a Jewish home, he's perfectly happy to stay living in Malmo for some reason.

I'm not sure if I'd walk down Luton or Bradford either, but sure there's arseholes and extremists everywhere.

Yeah, I've been to Malmö, never had anything but got experiences in all of Sweden, all of Scandi in fact. Know a few guys working over there now, they love it. But then again they worked all their lives in places like Luton and Poleglass so I guess they're not a great guide!

But what do I know, it's the Mecca of the North;

For arseholes.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

I remember a case from a couple of years ago a Muslim shop owner in Glasgow wished his customers a happy Christmas on Facebook and some fundamentalist headbanger from Bradford went up and stabbed him to death over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Can’t be much worse than the “democracy “ we have now.

Yeah, I've been to Malmö, it's the Mecca of the North;

For arseholes.

:P

My friend can be an arsehole too, we're not on speaking terms atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Have you been to Malmo?.

I worked in Luton for a while, it’s grand. There’s definitely problems there but any hassle I saw was to do with drunken fellas not inter communal conflict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Muslims love a good party with lots of food and fun. In the Arab world they not only celebrate their own feast days, but Christmas, Easter, St. Valentines and Halloween, too. Not long and they probably even celebrate St. Patrick's Day. The more (feast days) the merrier.
    And why wouldn't they?

Besides Jesus (Issa in the Quran) is one of their prophets. Celebrating his birthday comes quite natural, I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

As I said I am a bit racist so this brought a bit of happiness too me. I'm working hard not to be racist

Do ya know something, fair ****s to ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Carry wrote: »
    Muslims love a good party with lots of food and fun. In the Arab world they not only celebrate their own feast days, but Christmas, Easter, St. Valentines and Halloween, too. Not long and they probably even celebrate St. Patrick's Day. The more (feast days) the merrier.
    And why wouldn't they?

Besides Jesus (Issa in the Quran) is one of their prophets. Celebrating his birthday comes quite natural, I would say.

when I was in Tehran they celebrated Paddy's Day. now not whole country like or parades but they had some Irish Themed stuff going on in few places.

but Iran and Iraq people are some of nicest, coolest people I have meto too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Jesus of Nazareth is also a prophet of Islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

My point is fair play to them for making an effort at integration. Giving all the ****e going on over the last few years people would have you believe that they hate us and our way of life. Behead the infidels ect. Fair play to them.

You're wasting your time trying to budge the anti muslim crowd. They don't care about integration or anything like that. They're just hateful people who like bullying people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

This a nice example of integration, but I can't see any non-muslim staff of Leo burdocks doing Ramadan anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

At least Muslims belive Jesus to be one of the great prophets. There are many people in Ireland celebrating Christmas, who have no belief in Jesus at all.

At least Muslims belive Jesus to be one of the great prophets. There are many people in Ireland celebrating Christmas, who have no belief in Jesus at all.

It was the "Merry Christmas" that I thought was a nice touch too. Not the PC "happy holidays"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I have Muslim neighbours next door with kids.
    And we always exchange Christmas presents and Easter eggs at Easter with each other.

Have you been to Malmo?.

Yeah, I'd bet you'd see less abuse in Malmo than in Boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

XsApollo wrote: »
    I have Muslim neighbours next door with kids.
    And we always exchange Christmas presents and Easter eggs at Easter with each other.

Most of my neighbours are presumably baptised into the Catholic faith like myself. And I wouldn't give half of them the steam off my piss :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

The Donald has a different take on the ould Muslims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

So what? There's a lot of Christians celebrating the wrong day, if that's where you're going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

So what? There's a lot of Christians celebrating the wrong day, if that's where you're going.

I'm no going anywhere, relax.
    The point being that there's as much, if not more, reason for Muslims in this country to mark Christmas as the many people who have no religious belief at all. That's all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Coming over here just blending in not imposing sharia and just being generally sound! How dare them sound cvnts do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I'm no going anywhere, relax.
    The point being that there's as much, if not more, reason for Muslims in this country to mark Christmas as the many people who have no religious belief at all. That's all.

Fair enough, I took the "at least" in the wrong context. Apologies.

Yes....some of them would be Muslims .........

Just because you are baptised it doesn't mean you believe in Jesus...and just because you're born into the Muslim faith, it also doesn't mean you believe

• Advertisement

Christians celebrating Christmas Yule is a bit hypocritical too. It’s a hijacked pagan festival after all.

Asking a non-Christian why they celebrate Christmas is like asking someone why they have sex when they don’t want to have kids.
    Exactly, it's a festival to celebrate the passing of the shortest day of the year, I'll drink to that!

Nothing to do with integration, it's business after all.
    If they were in a town that had a large muslim population and almost all their customers were also muslim , there's no way they'd have the christmas stuff up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Non-Christians shouldn’t be celebrating chrimbo tbh. Giving credence to their nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Non-Christians shouldn’t be celebrating chrimbo tbh. Giving credence to their nonsense.

Whose nonsense exactly?

Nothing to do with integration, it's business after all.
    If they were in a town that had a large muslim population and almost all their customers were also muslim , there's no way they'd have the christmas stuff up.

And why would they?

As my Granda used to say, you don't bring turnips to a cattle Mart.

It was the "Merry Christmas" that I thought was a nice touch too. Not the PC "happy holidays"

new years is a holiday too

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭eurasian

I was once suprised that many people are not aware that Muslims love and respect Jesus and his mother Mary (Isa and Maryam).
    Muslim lads in the shop wearing Christmas outfits don't do that for religious resons thought. It's just a clothes.

Noel82 wrote: »

Ah just what I need...I'm going there early in Jan...and I was in Paris the night of the attacks...I'm bad luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Not sure if this should be encouraged. Might cause enragements.

• Advertisement
Advertisement