Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merry Christmas Everyone...

Options
  • 24-12-2017 12:14pm
    Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,418 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and a great New Year, Hopefully 2018 will deliver what you are looking for, both on and off the bike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Happy Christmas to all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 492 ✭✭Gerrup Outta Dat!

Merry Yule tide everyone. Here’s hoping that 2018 cycling death statistics will be as close to zero as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Happy Christmas to one and all, and best wishes for a very safe New Year to all those on the roads in 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Happy Christmas everyone. Have a great 2018

Operation Santy is well underway here, we've a 4 year old excited for her new bike in the morning and me incredibly jealous of her new bike ownership :D

Happy Christmas to all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I got my first bike, either 59 or 60 years ago, on this day.
    It wasn't new, so was a present from my parents rather than from Santa Claus.
    It was a Raleigh.

Happy Christmas everybody.

I'd say there's a few of us who got first bikes this time of year and looking back it was more than a physical bike wasn't it? More like a gift of cycling for a lot of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I'd say there's a few of us who got first bikes this time of year and looking back it was more than a physical bike wasn't it? More like a gift of cycling for a lot of us.

For sure, and a gift, that I'm delighted to say has been passed on to my two sons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

snow is falling
    all around me
    children playing
    having fun
    'tis the season
    for love and understanding
    merry christmas
    n+1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Merry xmas, on a personal note, thanks to all the posters here with so much good advice. My attitude to cyclists as a motorist is completely different than it was ten years ago.

Here's to a safe 2018 for all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Santa brought my 11 year son one of the wiggins road bikes. Lovely little bike. He’s a happy chappy. Hopefully this weather will lift and we can go for our first spin together.

Happy Christmas everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Regretfully, never managed to pass on my love of cycling to my two sons but will enjoy seeing kids on their first bikes over the next few days.

Happy Christmas one and all and thanks to all at Boards.ie for keeping this show on the road.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

437064.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Delighted the rain left us here in the afternoon, still dull and over cast all day but took herself up to an IDA business park near by that basically has a road to nowhere built and is totally sealed off so she could have at it on her new bike.

She's 4 and been off the stabilisers a while now but is moving up to a bigger bike and after some wobbles and scooting and 3 falls she was flying !!!!!! I don't care if she cycles later in life to get from A to B or for exorcise or just for the fun the sense of joy you get from teaching a child a skill for life like riding a bike is something !!!!

Security guy arrived in his van while we were there and rightly checked us out, gave herself a handful from the box of heroes he had in the van :D

Advertisement