Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merry Xmas!

Options
  • 24-12-2017 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Since I joined this board you have all been so helpful. From helping me choose an Ego pen at the start and all the way to making my own juice and coils, you all have been great.

Hope you and your families have a great Xmas and a happy new year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Same to you IRISH and all the other members and mods (no pun intended) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Happy Christmas to all the vapers on board's and here's to a great 2018. Who know's, vaping might even start saving me monies :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Merry Christmas to all as well & I can't wait for my dinner (Braised Steak this year:))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Merry Christmas to all the lads on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Missed this one, hope y'all had a good Christmas and Santa brought all you desired! I got no vape gear for the first time in a few, but i did get a new speedlight for my camera, usual posh bottle of after-shave and a couple of much needed hoodies as the elbows were gone from my fav one [yes, I'm an old hoody bum! I don't care, comfort first! :D] also a snazzy set of bluetooth/wireless headphones.

Sadly over the Holiday my Smoant Battlestar took a nasty knock [fell off a table] and refuses to work properly [batteries are now too lose in there] so I will be looking to buy a decent back up mod in January. I've not 100% given up on it, it went on the blink in the past and came back! and anyone who knows my vape style will know I am a 2-mod max vaper, I'm very loyal :D I'll use them until they literally do fall apart. Still using the Alien I got over a year back as my main, still working great.

Anyway, I'm sure you all got lovely vape gear from Santa? Any recommendations for a solid, inexpensive dual batt mod?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Anyway, I'm sure you all got lovely vape gear from Santa? Any recommendations for a solid, inexpensive dual batt mod?

Stick with Smoant and check the Cylon or Dovpoo Trigger is also good.

I picked up a Eleaf Invoke from fasttech a couple of weeks ago. Solid duel battery mod. Been using money solidly since I got it. Will probably pick up a second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

TinCool wrote: »
    I picked up a Eleaf Invoke from fasttech a couple of weeks ago. Solid duel battery mod. Been using money solidly since I got it. Will probably pick up a second one.

Got me 2 Invoke's also. Tiny dual battery mod, and very very light, surprisingly so. Very impressed so far.

Where did you guys get the invoke? I see it's $30 on FT .... but add on that 4 week wait .... the Cyclone looks pretty nice but that's $60, could have 2x invoke if you're saying it's decent enough

I went back to my Battlestar tonight and fiddled about with it, appeared one of the spring loaded battery connectors was pushed in, would have happened during the fall it got. I jiggled it a bit and it popped back up, inserted batts and well .... she's alive again! :D that's the second return from the grave for this mod [also a year old at this stage, bought around same time as I got the replacement Alien]. It's not perfect, I have 3 sets of 2x18650 and only one set will work in it atm. One of the sets I re-wrapped recently, so it's definitely a connection issue. The others seem just a mm or so shy. But hey, better than a dead mod :) I still feel I need to get another back up J.I.C

I got mine at fasttech when they had a 15% sale. Worked out around €25 each. Absolute amazing value for such a nice mod. They are bringing out new colors soon too. They have already shown the rainbow xmas edition, but it isn't released yet. I usually don't like rainbow mods, but gotta say that invoke looks damn awesome.

Also, Eleaf are releasing a new Pico that takes a 21700 battery. I know most 21700 batteries are not amazing, but if you vape at low wattage, 60watts or below, the Samsung 4800mah 21700 is a cracker of a battery.

• Advertisement

I got mine at fasttech when they had a 15% sale. Worked out around €25 each. Absolute amazing value for such a nice mod. They are bringing out new colors soon too. They have already shown the rainbow xmas edition, but it isn't released yet. I usually don't like rainbow mods, but gotta say that invoke looks damn awesome.

Also, Eleaf are releasing a new Pico that takes a 21700 battery. I know most 21700 batteries are not amazing, but if you vape at low wattage, 60watts or below, the Samsung 4800mah 21700 is a cracker of a battery.

Is that guy ever not-stoned for reviews? I remember the first vid of his I watched, he was testing out 'herbal' vaporizers, he was shot as be fooked half way through it :D

I'm not a fan of the rainbow colours either, but I'd not say no to one, I've gone more - performance + reliability > looks past couple of years. Quality over quantity too [using the same few tanks since last year, they just work!]

That's it man. I need to be more like that and stop buying mods. I have stacks of mods that have never even had a tank on them.

Found that ol' review -

Just flick to about 12mins in :D

Haha, dude is baked.

Looks like he is sucking on a walkie-talkie lol.

Haha, dude is baked.

Looks like he is sucking on a walkie-talkie lol.

:D I love that he offers us a toke at 13:20

I remember pissing myself at that review, and got a Snoop dogg a while later [much less walkie talkie-like :D] , he wasn't wrong, those things will bake you quick if you try treating them as a normal vape.

Got me 2 Invoke's also. Tiny dual battery mod, and very very light, surprisingly so. Very impressed so far.

Yeah, gonna order a second one.

Advertisement