Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing Christmas Day

Options
  • 24-12-2017 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭

Anyone do this?

I never have but i think I might this year, just for something to do! Have a look for a few pike on my new shiny 3d bats!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

ardinn wrote: »
    Anyone do this?

I never have but i think I might this year, just for something to do! Have a look for a few pike on my new shiny 3d bats!

Why not...pike doesnt know its Christmas untill you release her back... its just bad weather outside
    ...very windy
    ..heavy rain... i am staying home with my family....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

A buddy of mine used do it religiously hail rain or shine. Of it gets you out of the house and clears the cobwebs why not.

SeaFields wrote: »
    A buddy of mine used do it religiously hail rain or shine. Of it gets you out of the house and clears the cobwebs why not.

Diclaimer: is your buddy happy married? Xixi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Bikerguy wrote: »
    Diclaimer: is your buddy happy married? Xixi

Funny that....he never found someone willing to marry him.....!

Went today... perfect weather.... no fish...but. i didnt mind a bit... sunny and calm water... was just testing water in Belturbet co. Cavan with my 3y old son...who can now reel in with 2.7m LM shimano rod. Have ultra light setup for him..but left it at home by mistake.... amazing day..

And nobody else just 2 of us and some duck feeders...near by

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

9df248572bbdcd1c3453254c9e544e2e853fee174f7a2f4261fe5951704da810.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

jme2010 wrote: »
    9df248572bbdcd1c3453254c9e544e2e853fee174f7a2f4261fe5951704da810.jpg

My uncle, who taught me to fish, always said a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

My uncle, who taught me to fish, always said a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work.

Yeah that's the point of the meme.

Any day fishing is a good day regardless.

Can't wait for the good weather to come back. Can't believe we didn't need head torches till about 10.30pm only a few months back.

Bring on the 'grand aul stretch in the evenings'

Advertisement