Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where’s the banlist?

• 24-12-2017 8:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 492 ✭✭

Mod- The ban list will not be available again for public display. Only admins and office staff have access.

Thread locked

Bring back the banlist? 36 votes

Yes please !
    0%
    No you nosey bastard.
    86%
    dok_golfmagentisuptherebelsHead_HunterdaheffcunavalosWestWicklow1uck51js9zml2ytsomefeenRobbingBanditFr_Dougalmaydreamknucklehead6Fred Swanson[Deleted User]The_ValeyardjjdonegalVowel MovementJigglyMcJabsAutochange 31 votes
    I don’t give a shįt really
    13%
    Oldtreeytpe2r5bxkn0c1diomedCaranicaFossilFoe 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

No you nosey bastard.
    To many got banned.

• Site Banned Posts: 39 monnies

To many got banned.

i think they banned about 100,000 people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

was a badge of honour for miscreants to be put on it, and who wouldnt let it lie..... :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

No you nosey bastard.
    It amazes me how the trolls manipulate this site and the powers that be fall for it every time. The gutting of the feedback forum was a v retrograde step.

IBTL btw

Much to my dismay I’ve noticed that the banlist is gone. I know it didn’t serve any other purpose than nosiness on our parts, but Christ. I miss it.

Why is it gone ? :(

Who wants to see its return?

from a business point of view can you imagine the advertisers seeing 10's of thousands of banned users

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 492 ✭✭Gerrup Outta Dat!

No you nosey bastard.
    C’mon, bring it back the fuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Maybe gearbest asked them to remove their puppets from the list of shame when they went into business with boards.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Maybe gearbest asked them to remove their puppets from the list of shame when they went into business with boards.

whats your problem?
    gearbest had a shaky start but now have a loyal base of satisfied customers
    go gearbest

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Trolls with abusive names led to the banlist being removed from public view

Feedback thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

monnies wrote: »
    i think they banned about 100,000 people

100,000 usernames, more like. Created by <100,000 busy arseholes with little better to be doing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I reckon you’re quite the opposite to be fair.

Not the greatest loser but joint position with a couple of other legendary losers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I was curious about the admin list on the banlist, there were names being added to it with only 1 ban per account (like they were banning their own accounts). That only started happening recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

He’s so cool. Tell us more of these legendary tales. I’m getting more impressed by the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Couldn't give a toss.. Too heavy/ left wing moderation ~ I prefer to express myself through other social media outlets.

Only keep boards.ie out of habit. If it disappeared tomorrow I would't give a sh*te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Couldn't give a toss.. Too heavy/ left wing moderation ~ I prefer to express myself through other social media outlets.

Only keep boards.ie out of habit. If it disappeared tomorrow I would't give a sh*te.

im a lefty, and im constantly getting warnings and bans!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Thats some poll with well over 1 trillion voters

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

It's close to the number of re-regs that have been here tonight.

Edit. And it's a Billion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

a thousand million is a billion not a trillion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No you nosey bastard.
    I always liked seeing mine enemies on the banlist, sweet mod justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    im a lefty, and im constantly getting warnings and bans!:confused:

Not alt left enough so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

We had someone, who shall not be named compare boards to stormfront.

Think he was actually serious.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Am I missing something here, or are the thanks being removed from Makikomi posts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

we had a banlist?

Am I missing something here, or are the thanks being removed from Makikomi posts?

They delete the thanks of Banned Re-Regs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement