Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steering wheel for PS4

Options
  • 25-12-2017 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

I bought Gran Turismo in the sale recently and have F1 from earlier in the year and I love both of them but miss not having a steering wheel.

I had the Logitech G25 I think it was for the ps2/3 but last time I checked they hadn't released a patch to let it work for PS4. I assume that's still the case.

Cheapest decent wheel I can find is the new Logitech wheel for £184 sterling on Amazon which is just too much for me to justify.

There is adapted you can get to hook up your old wheel but I don't know which ones to trust to work.

Any thoughts, ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

****ing tempting alright.

Now to go away and think if I can possibly justify it.

Oh and how can I get it delivered here. I've never used parcel motel but I assume that's the way I'd have to do it as it's saying UK address only when I put it in my basket.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

****ing tempting alright.

Now to go away and think if I can possibly justify it.

Oh and how can I get it delivered here. I've never used parcel motel but I assume that's the way I'd have to do it as it's saying UK address only when I put it in my basket.

I don't think Currys will ship to Forwarders any more. You could have a look at Amazon Warehouse deals for a T150. I think someone said they got a T80 for good money in Smyths yesterday? It might be in the bargains thread, or VR? It was very recent anyway.

whiterebel wrote: »
    I don't think Currys will ship to Forwarders any more. You could have a look at Amazon Warehouse deals for a T150. I think someone said they got a T80 for good money in Smyths yesterday? It might be in the bargains thread, or VR? It was very recent anyway.

The T80 is a bigger wheel to be fair. It suits some I'm sure but if I make the jump it'd be to the new Logitech wheel G29 or the T150.

I know there's better out there but both of the latter tick all the right boxes for me. Justifiable just about maybe.

Picked this G29 wheel and pedals up on adverts today for €160.

It's like new. Spent some time with Gran Turismo tonight. It's a different game with a wheel. It'll take time to get used to but it's so much fun.

Maybe because I remember playing in arcades when I was younger, but a steering wheel and fightstick to me just make the games so much more enjoyable.

Anyway great wheel, I'd recommend it to anyone on the fence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

If you want yet another brand new experience with GT Sports after getting the G29...just wait til you swap your monitor for a PSVR!

Advertisement