Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview aerial & dish fitting in Meath

Options
  • 25-12-2017 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Need to get a saorview aerial and dish fitted on the house and wondered anyone have any recommendations on tradesmen around Meath who supply and fit them? Would need a tv fitted to the wall too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Opel1977 wrote: »
    Need to get a saorview aerial and dish fitted on the house and wondered anyone have any recommendations on tradesmen around Meath who supply and fit them? Would need a tv fitted to the wall too.

I'd be surprised if you need an external antenna for Saorview in Meath...

You probably have a choice of Cairn Hill, Clermont Carn (two of the most powerful transmitters at 160kw) and possibly Three Rock if you're in south Meath.

Have you tried an internal antenna near a window (preferably on facing the transmitter you're looking for).....

The dish is a different matter but you could sign up for Sky's cheapest package and they'll do it...

As regards fitting the tv to a wall, if it's a solid wall you need a drill with hammer action, a masonry drill and four concrete bolts...
    Or you could slip the guy from Sky a few bob to do it... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭niallb

Louis Doyle did mine two years ago.
    Both dish and saorview antenna.
    No problems at all.
    I'm between Dunshaughlin and Trim.

http://www.nationalguild.ie/craftsmen/digistall.5413.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

an external aerial is useful in many parts of Meath for picking up FreeView from Northern Ireland. FreeView reception in Dunshaughlin is decent most of the time. Sadly not all the channels are available due to interferance by Saorview channels.

Advertisement