Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St Stephens Day - Plans?

• 25-12-2017 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

So all you beautiful people - what's your plans for tomorrow? I'm going to barricade myself in the house with Senor Bubo and the cats, eat leftovers and doss on the sofa like a fat lass.

Anyone going to brave the sales tomorrow? Personally I'd rather fry my own head in lard. The sales can fook right off.

Merry Christmas ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Pub and bookies..a great day out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Specialun wrote: »

#metoo....perfect day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Pub and Bookies also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Annual charity rugby match in Cavan RFC. Good crowd, hot whiskeys and ports, blow away the cobwebs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A nice long walk hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Me too,can't wait.Going to get down to my local just before 1pm and enjoy the racing and the football.Best day of the year for sport and beer!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Bookies and watching the soccer. Huge amount of ham sandwiches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Neck a half bottle of rum before heading out at 5. Do de 12 pubs n get fookin' mashed up, hit the chipper bout 2 and leather some cúnts to finish off a top nite....

Either that or retire with a book after watching a suitably festive movie. I haven't decided yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

pub and bookies, i'd say both will be busy tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Not 100% sure yet but likely pub, football and leftovers from today. Working on wednesday so hopefully tucked up in bed early enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

First xmas in dublin, and i was told that half the pubs don't even open on stephens day, is that right??
    Was planning on cycle, pub and possibly bookies as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Shopping tis the season to buy reduced junk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Correcting southerners on the correct pronunciation of Boxing Day.

retalivity wrote: »
    First xmas in dublin, and i was told that half the pubs don't even open on stephens day, is that right??
    Was planning on cycle, pub and possibly bookies as well

I'm just outside Dublin. Alot of our pubs close around 7pm, any that stay open are ****ing mental because the others are closed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

There is a nightclub near me open at 00:01 tonight. Disgraceful. Hope it ends up bombing but I'd say there'll be plenty there.

Tomorrow I spend lounging in my finest Penneys pajamas. Might go for a few quiet drinks in town and hopefully get a seat somewhere before the madness begins.

Stephens Day, it's pronunciation is Stephens Day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

anna080 wrote: »
    There is a nightclub near me open at 00:01 tonight. Disgraceful. Hope it ends up bombing but I'd say there'll be plenty there.

Would you consider picketing it?

Would you consider picketing it?

There aren't enough rolleyes to respond to this post.

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Not enough thumbs up to thank this one.

Friends visiting us, then we're visiting too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Climbing Lugnaquilla like every Stephens's's's's Day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I'm in the back end of mayo so no plans. I didn't grow up here so I know nobody so the pub isn't happening. Trains aren't running so I can't head home till Wednesday. So I'll probably just hang around and play with my niece.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

You seem to have somehow managed anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

The pubs close v early in Dublin is it true it’s not the same elsewhere in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭trashcan

Stephenses Day :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Pub for me. Catch up with friends and hope they don't bring their kids along

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

Annual ritual of going to Leopardstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The pubs close v early in Dublin is it true it’s not the same elsewhere in Ireland?

Apparently it’s a union thing in Dublin. Down the country it’s probably one of the biggest nights of the year. Pubs and nightclubs packed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

I feel sorry for retail staff.

Some of the shops in Dundrum Town Centre are open at 8am. They are probably preparing the stock from 6am.

Watching films and keeping track of the football scores.

Apparently it’s a union thing in Dublin. Down the country it’s probably one of the biggest nights of the year. Pubs and nightclubs packed out.

I didn’t realise pubs closed early in Dublin on Stephens night. It's always mental down the country! Last year I lasted about ten minutes in a nightclub. Complete mayhem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭munster87

Any idea what time bookies open tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Having the in laws up for dinner.

They aren't too bad but they are complete social retards so where most normal people would head home after 3 or 4 hours they generally don't go anywhere for at least 6, more if you keep feeding them.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

St. Stephens Day.

Do I get a prize, like a sod of turf or something :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sofa, Netflix, reading, more wine. A good long walk.

The sales & shops can feck right off. I actually think it’s terrible that they’re open tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It is probably one of the busiest nights of the year in most towns I know followed by a trip to the chipper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Traditional muddy walk.
    But gosh, it looks like that may be very muddy in-DEED, forecast is for really wet weather.
    So, may review this classic plan in favour of movies and the sofa. With Christmas cake :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Throwing money at the Bookmakers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I didn’t realise pubs closed early in Dublin on Stephens night. It's always mental down the country! Last year I lasted about ten minutes in a nightclub. Complete mayhem.

Ah for fecks sake, thats what I am used to, boxing day is the biggest day of the year at home. wtf are they at closing at 7???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Study, visit family and I might go out for one or two but come home before the annual brawl on the street of my local town.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

dudara wrote: »
    Sofa, Netflix, reading, more wine. A good long walk.

The sales & shops can feck right off. I actually think it’s terrible that they’re open tomorrow.

And shoving it down our throats with the ads since christmas eve...feck off already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,089 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Who is Stephen and why does he get a day named after him?

Personally i have a wren to hunt. Maybe even two.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

retalivity wrote: »
    Ah for fecks sake, thats what I am used to, boxing day is the biggest day of the year at home. wtf are they at closing at 7???

Some of the pubs in Swords and Malahide open about twelve and close at seven while others open later and stay open till normal closing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Cycle in the morning, bookies in the afternoon, pub for liverpool game in the evening, and because i only drink alcohol about 3 times a year, i'll be home in bed by 11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

normal week for me so I'm in work but I'm well paid plus I'll be doing feck all tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

munster87 wrote: »
    Any idea what time bookies open tomorrow?
    10:00

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

All the pubs around the part of the Northside I live in close around 6 or 7. A few places probably popular with young people in town etc tend to open up normal hours but many don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Work. Same as today. My days start on wednesday:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement