Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St Stephens Day - Plans?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Trying to convince the wife to go out in her town so I can stay in with the kids.

The waft of Guinness and ham/turkey farts in the tiny pub is horrendous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭seenitall

Hitting a particular shop for a particular pair of trainers I've had my eye on for a while.

I only do sales in a targeted manner, and that's why I love them! :D

Happy Christmas, everyone! :)

Out on the beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I've pre ordered all I want in the sales, will be in like Flynn, then home, back working Thursday, thank goodness some retailers close for 3 days!

Then cleaning and bad movies if I can get the remote!

I've had my eye on a couple of sweatshirts in next, but they've taken them offline! So much for that! Same in UK! It makes me mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

To my parents for dinner, drinks, watching sport and the the annual family darts comp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm staying in my pyjamas and reading and stuffing my face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Love the way that it’s terrible that the shops are open tomorrow and people would rather fry there head in lard than go to the sales. However going to the bookies where presumably there will also be staff is seen as perfectly fine with no contradiction....only in Ireland. Each to their own I guess but I’d rather fry my head in lard than do any of either shopping or pub/bookies tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Where I work it's 24/7/365 so someone there the whole time, I was just lucky to avoid it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

anna080 wrote: »
    There is a nightclub near me open at 00:01 tonight. Disgraceful. Hope it ends up bombing but I'd say there'll be plenty there.

Tomorrow I spend lounging in my finest Penneys pajamas. Might go for a few quiet drinks in town and hopefully get a seat somewhere before the madness begins.

Name, out of interest?

I have heard about this on Good Friday but never Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Love the way that it’s terrible that the shops are open tomorrow and people would rather fry there head in lard than go to the sales. However going to the bookies where presumably there will also be staff is seen as perfectly fine with no contradiction....only in Ireland. Each to their own I guess but I’d rather fry my head in lard than do any of either shopping or pub/bookies tomorrow.

Tbh I don't know why retail staff get all the sympathy. I was in work today. No sympathy for me

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Meeting some friends in Cork for an early dinner at their place. Maybe a good walk in some woods if it’s not too wet. Any posters going out on the Wren? I think it’s a big thing here down in Cork.

Don’t go to pubs any more, not into gambling so racing and bookies is not my thing and shopping is a chore to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Name, out of interest?

is it the limelight in donegal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Gym around 11/12 ish,
    Football in the afternoon,
    1 Hour 20 trip over to spend Stephens Night with the Missus and her friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Who is Stephen and why does he get a day named after him?

Personally i have a wren to hunt. Maybe even two.

A green guy that owns the park near grafton street. And the shopping centre too.

• Advertisement

I don't know how anyone has the energy for those sales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

votecounts wrote: »
    is it the limelight in donegal?

Yeah the Limelight in Glenties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I’ll do my annual Stephens day morning trip to Powercity to look at big TVs that I want to buy but usually never do (it’s a good way to get out of the house for an house). Then home to watch the Leinster v Munster match and eat myself into another food coma

Run around the Reeks or up Mangerton, first snow run of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Signing in to the 'pub & bookies' club :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Name, out of interest?

Geoghegans nightclub, Tuam, Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Go for a walk and head out with the missus later. A few quiet pints, nothing hectic. That'll be the festive beering done for another year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Larry SR

Long run in the morning. Visiting family in afternoon. Relax tomorrow evening as back to work on 27th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Going to see Star Wars in the morning at 10:30. Home and cook a roast lamb dinner and hopefully have it ready in time for the Leinster v Munster game.

Find a film or Netflix then for the evening. Have had enough of drink after Friday and Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Larry SR wrote: »
    Long run in the morning. Visiting family in afternoon. Relax tomorrow evening as back to work on 27th.

How long is a long run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Hopefully the weather holds up to take the small fella out on the tricycle Santa brought him and then get him down for his nap in time for Munster v Leinster so daddy can enjoy some of his special bottle from the top cupboard ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

How long is a long run?

Halfway up the stairs for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Find a film or Netflix then for the evening. Have had enough of drink after Friday and Saturday.

the foreigner staring Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan

Chan vs the IRA, actually not a bad movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Going to see Star Wars in the morning at 10:30. Home and cook a roast lamb dinner and hopefully have it ready in time for the Leinster v Munster game.

New flick on netflix called bright, will smith and joel edgerton, looks promising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

AidoEirE wrote: »
    New flick on netflix called bright, will smith and joel edgerton, looks promising

It's muck :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Id love to go racing tomorrow but herself doesn't want to. I'll be on the road I'd say but I will have all my bets done before I leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

Watch 'People just do nothing' on Netflix if any of ye haven't. It's brilliant, very funny. The only problem is they don't have the third season up there yet

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    It's muck :/

Aw no i have it on my list, was hopeful.
    Watching the nice guys right now, v good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Bitta farm work....visit cousins and 90% sure I'm tearing about town tomorrw night :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

PTH2009 wrote: »
    the foreigner staring Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan

Chan vs the IRA, actually not a bad movie

I've just watched this, its great!
    The premise is hilarious though - Jackie Chan vs the IRA, but it works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I’m working. Driving back to Cork from Killarney in the morning, wahey. Not on till 11 thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Going to see Star Wars in the morning at 10:30.

don't bother its cr@p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Eat loads of food again.
    Out for a walk in the woods, already feeling I need walks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

Girlfriend and the kids are going to her family's for 24 hours so locked door with football and beer and maybe a bit of Turkey curry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Staying at the in laws for Christmas so as soon as I can get Mrs. Stubble out of bed I'll be cooking breakfast of an assortment of sausages from the English market. Dog over to templemore then to swim her after her day of pigging out yesterday. Shower, quick run to the bookies to back my picked horses and straight to the pub at 2.30 in the hope of a good seat for the rugby. Probably home at 7 or 8 then before it gets too la-la. Looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

I always cook dinner for my father on Stephens day, been doing it for 25 years now... basically he calls to me at 12... I give him a glass (or 3) of whisky we chat as I cook and then he eats his bodyweight in ham.....he's in his 80th year, so I know there won't be many more of these to come .. but I cherish each one and always hope for one more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Nothing. Prep and lay the leftovers so one hell of a lot less work. Can’t go for a walk as I’ve bust my foot. Relaxing for the day.

Waiting on funeral arrangements for a gran aunt before we can plan the next few days. I didn’t know her all that well but want to go for Granny’s sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Couch and TV with the dog. Food and films.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Go to the gym in the morning then watch football and play FIFA all day.

It's a working day in Spain but I'm on holidays til the eighth so I'm making the most of it as if I was back home. The missus is quite jealous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Radiant Cool Crazy Nightmare

brilou23 wrote: »
    Girlfriend and the kids are going to her family's for 24 hours so locked door with football and beer and maybe a bit of Turkey curry.

That would be an ideal day for me.

Have to go to the in laws for dinner. The Mam is a great cook and it will be manic there with all the grandkids going mental and the rest of us trying to watch the football in the sitting room, but its a good day with everyone around. Would still prefer to be at home alone watching all the sport but what can you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I need a walk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

First up, sautéed left over roast spuds, chunky ham pieces fried off and fried eggs over easy, with tea and toast, I was healthy yesterday :D

Football at 3pm on tv

Dunkirk movie after that

Beers

Bed

• Advertisement
Advertisement