Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paying someone to be a director of a OMC

Options
  • 25-12-2017 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

At least two of the directors of a student village where i own an apartment have conflicts of interest, and gross rental income of more than several thousand euro per year, is only giving the owners of the apartments about 2500 euro nett earnings. It would seem that most people if they took over as a director from the earlier mentioned two directors could increase the earnings per apartment, but nobody wants the job of director. I believe if the OMC members agreed it would be possible to pay a person with suitable qualifications to become a director. Of course I would have to find said person then put my idea to a meeting (EGM) of all (those who turn up) members. The question is where would I be able to find someone with suitable qualifications

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

There are no formal qualifications necessary to become a director- of an OMC or any other company.
    I was a director of two companies while still a student- and am currently a director of three, and company secretary of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

OP , regardless of qualifications, find somebody who used to work in property maintenance for 4+ years. They'll be easily able to decide whats the right price to pay for jobs / supplies and have a fair idea of when something may need replacing before it fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,328 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

beaufoy wrote: »
    At least two of the directors of a student village where i own an apartment have conflicts of interest, and gross rental income of more than several thousand euro per year, is only giving the owners of the apartments about 2500 euro nett earnings. It would seem that most people if they took over as a director from the earlier mentioned two directors could increase the earnings per apartment, but nobody wants the job of director. I believe if the OMC members agreed it would be possible to pay a person with suitable qualifications to become a director. Of course I would have to find said person then put my idea to a meeting (EGM) of all (those who turn up) members. The question is where would I be able to find someone with suitable qualifications

Do they need to be a director of the OMC? Sounds like you need a more professional/capable managing agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thereality

Management companies are LTD companies with public accounts on the cro .ie website. You can see if their salaries are in fact excessive.

Advertisement