Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drawing tablets. First time buyer

Options
  • 25-12-2017 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

I have taken an interest in doing sketches and was thinking about getting a drawing tablet for my PC.

Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator would be the two main programs I use for doing design work.

So after doing some research I still do not have the answers for two questions.

1. Do drawing tablets that have no screen give you a crosshair on the monitor display so you know where you are about to draw? This feature is with a Lenovo Yoga that I used in store.

2. How does lag work if it is directly connected through USB into my PC. Would I experience noticeable lag on a tablet under 100 euro?

My budget would be between 70 - 150 and with the Stephens Day sales on tomorrow I was hoping to buy one then.

Please let me know of any important bits of info I need to look out for when buying and suggest what model / brand would suit my needs.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

I use a Wacom Bamboo as a mouse. It cost about €80 and is ideal.

1. Moving the pen over the tablet works the same way as a mouse, i.e. it moves the arrow around. If using Photoshop and in brush mode for example it will move the brush around just like the mouse would.

2. There is no lag connected through USB.

You can configure buttons on the pen to right click and the top of the pen can even be set as an eraser in Photoshop.

Advertisement