Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

MD1990 wrote: »
    I think it is ideal getting Keita in early.

We got him at a decent price because of his release clause considering what Lazio want for Miinkovic- Savic (100m+)

We won't have to overpay for another player in January.

I think that last line is key, could save us from a rushed desperate splurge on another player.

We at least know for sure we want Keita lomg term.

£10m was the immediate figure that came to mind as being reasonable, I would go for it for that amount. Would really help our chances in securing top 4 and making a run for the FA Cup. Arguably helps us for next season too as he'll be well settled and in tune with his teammates from the get go.

£20m would be too much for me though, when you think you could sign a decent player for that amount.

Hope we can sort something out at a reasonable amount, £12m or so seems fair enough and a good deal for both teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Barkley cost 15m.

So 12m for Keita early is fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The money isn't real its doesn't hold a true value. You overpay for a player, another overpays for your player. £10m or £20m when it comes to transfers doesn't seem to matter. The market says you want the player, you pay the price, their isn't really any middle ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

West Ham ready to listen to offers for Hernandez can only mean one thing they want another striker.

Ings maybe.

and/or Sturridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

rob316 wrote:
    It would be good to have VVD and Keita settled in the side in preparation for a title challenge next season.

We won't challenge for the title next year. Unless it's one where we fall back quickly ala Spurs. We just don't have enough quality & too many just plain bad players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Firmino is a worry, 2 years left and that will be half that this time next year( ya don't say), time flies in footsy ball.
    What if he fails to agree to a prison term contract, one with no escape, any delay and he'll be gone also. He'll be a target once his current contract gets down to one year or close, he can easily play in any front 3 in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I think a few too many Liverpool fans care too much about how our transfer dealings are perceived by other fans. They care more about losing face over taunts made in rival forums/threads over the inflated fees they had paid, then us actually improving and progressing our squad.

Dont get me wrong I love that the club played it smart and got Salah for a steal but sometimes that's just not possible and you need to pay a premium to get the players that will push the team on .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Getting Keita a few months early for £10m seems like a cop-out to me if that's Coutinho's replacement. He's already our player and we've just sold a world-class attacking midfielder.

We've £140m; only one player in history has cost more. Identify Phil's replacement, and flipping well buy him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

If the figure of 15 million is true, we'd be paying 1 million a game to have him early, If he could play champion's league I'd say ok but its a bit much to be paying extra for a guy you get in the summer,
    I think if the Club really want him now and Red bull are happy to let him leave , maybe they could look at the way the deal was structured and pay more of the fee upfront instead of paying and extra fee if you get me ,

If the figure of 15 million is true, we'd be paying 1 million a game to have him early, If he could play champion's league I'd say ok but its a bit much to be paying extra for a guy you get in the summer,
    I think if the Club really want him now and Red bull are happy to let him leave , maybe they could look at the way the deal was structured and pay more of the fee upfront instead of paying and extra fee if you get me ,

If he's the difference in securing CL next season , I can live with him not being available to play in it this season .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Huddersfield are looking for Grujic on loan that would be a good move for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

He could be the difference in securing CL qualification next season so it would pay for itself.

There's a trend of small time conservative thinking on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is the Keita deal not around £50m and £10m add-ons if Leipzig finish in CL Qualification Place.

To me it looks like Liverpool want to pay the add on now and take him in January.

Three Options

1- He signs in January total fee £60m
    2- He signs in Summer (RBL qualify for CL) £60m
    3- He signs in Summer (RBL don't qualify for CL) £50m

It looks like they have a good chance of CL next season so it's really a choice between option 1 or 2. So from my understanding of the situation we can give them £60m now or £60m in the summer.

Are my thoughts correct here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

murpho999 wrote: »

Fix that, get Keita and I've no doubt we'll get CL next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is the Keita deal not around £50m and £10m add-ons if Leipzig finish in CL Qualification Place.

To me it looks like Liverpool want to pay the add on now and take him in January.

Three Options

1- He signs in January total fee £60m
    2- He signs in Summer (RBL qualify for CL) £60m
    3- He signs in Summer (RBL don't qualify for CL) £50m

It looks like they have a good chance of CL next season so it's really a choice between option 1 or 2. So from my understanding of the situation we can give them £60m now or £60m in the summer.

Are my thoughts correct here?

German press stating this morning that if he goes in Jan. RB Leipzig will get between €75-80 for him. If its a summer deal as planned it will be closer to €60-63 million. What the ins and outs of the deal are I dont know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Who we offload this month is as important as who we sign.

Grujić
    Markovic
    Flanagan
    Bogdán

All could be playing week in week out at a lower level.

He could be the difference in securing CL qualification next season so it would pay for itself.

Or we get top four without him and the cash is put towards another star in the summer ?

Just seen report he decided not to train this morning , make of it what you will

With respect, no it is not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Or we get top four without him and the cash is put towards another star in the summer ?

We have lost our best player and that has weakened our team.

We need to do the best we can.

It is a gamble to not upgrade the squad.

There will be plenty of cash in the summer to buy another star in the summer.

New TV money, commercial revenues and the remains of the Coutinho money.

Too many accountants on here instead of football fans. Surely you want the best players possible at the club?

Do you get a kick out of Liverpool keeping money in the bank?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Think its more important if we loan players that they play and get the experience needed to come back and make an impression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Are the F.A on holiday still? Maybe they're hoping this will just blow over.

Just seen report he decided not to train this morning , make of it what you will

https://twitter.com/BILD_rbleipzig/status/951408612571828224

If it's based on this:

- He's clearly training
    - "Last comes Keita" - someone walks out after him
    - "While everyone else runs, he takes it easy" - Nobody is running in this video.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Grujić
    Markovic
    Flanagan
    Bogdán

All could be playing week in week out at a lower level.

Ye I think we will all rest easy knowing CL is secured if these 4 can be offloaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Too many accountants on here instead of football fans. Surely you want the best players possible at the club?

Doing the best we can doesn't equate to buying immediately in this window though Murph. You say too many accountants here, I say too many people who forget the dross we bought with the Torres & Suarez money.

Sure, we can trust Klopp with the players he wants to bring in, but we should trust him moreso as a coach who will achieve top 4 - which is the top priority of his role at the club.

Coutihno going presents a risk to Top 4 ambitions, but that doesn't mean immediately trying to replace him is the solution. I trust Klopp to get top 4 and in the same vein I trust him & the club to get in the right replacements, when the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Sappy404 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/BILD_rbleipzig/status/951408612571828224

If it's based on this:

- He's clearly training
    - "Last comes Keita" - someone walks out after him
    - "While everyone else runs, he takes it easy" - Nobody is running in this video.

The way he fixed his hat there was very telling to me. It was almost as if he was saying YNWA.

Is that not the sort gamble that that was abhorred on here when Klopp decided to make do with Lovren et al for 6 months until he could get the man he wanted (ie. Van Djiik). You want him to take another roll of the dice with our top 4 chances just so we have another 17 mill in our kitty in the summer ?

gafferino wrote: »
    The way he fixed his hat there was very telling to me. It was almost as if he was saying YNWA.

His saunter said he was a red
    Keita, Keita...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

We’re currently a going concern in the CL with a winnable second round tie. That may not be true in the summer. Buy now imo.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    We’re currently a going concern in the CL with a winnable second round tie. That may not be true in the summer. Buy now imo.

Surely most of our likely targets can't play in the Cl with us this season though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

MD1990 wrote: »
    Barkley cost 15m.

So 12m for Keita early is fair.

Arent we already paying 15m over Keita's release clause (55 vs 40 release)? So another 10-15 would make it 25-30 above that clause...seems like desperation to me.

I see fun bobby is already angling for a move. Liverpool no longer the same place without Coutinho. Wonder who has tapped him up? Real? Barca? PSG?

Wonder if Moreno will like a move back to Athletico now that phil has left??

daheff wrote: »
    Arent we already paying 15m over Keita's release clause (55 vs 40 release)? So another 10-15 would make it 25-30 above that clause...seems like desperation to me.

I see fun bobby is already angling for a move. Liverpool no longer the same place without Coutinho. Wonder who has tapped him up? Real? Barca? PSG?

Wonder if Moreno will like a move back to Athletico now that phil has left??

"Fun Bobby is already angling for a move" Jumping the gun a bit here aren't you mate. One instagram post does not a transfer request make .

How is he angling for a move?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Surely it would be Barca players publicly angling for the move for him not himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Or too many barstool, instant success children with names on the back of their jerseys wanting the club to spend he moniez at all costs!

You can spin it he other way too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Getting Keita a few months early for £10m seems like a cop-out to me if that's Coutinho's replacement. He's already our player and we've just sold a world-class attacking midfielder.

We've £140m; only one player in history has cost more. Identify Phil's replacement, and flipping well buy him.

If it's true what Klopp hinted at in the press release following Cout's departure (in terms of him wanting out), then I reckon Keita was actually signed as Cout's replacement. I think Klopp would've thought: "Salzburg want him for another year? Fine, we have Coutinho for another year before he goes in the summer". I don't think he quite expected Cout to agitate for a Jan move so badly, which is why they are attempting to bring Keita in sooner. Again, that's just my reading of the situation. I don't think Klopp ever thought he'd have both Keita and Coutinho together at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Utd just came in to beat City's bid for Sanchez,

At 27 million why not chuck Arsenal 35M and at least put out name in.

They've also offered the the Mickey which could suit Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Vicxas wrote: »
    Utd just came in to beat City's bid for Sanchez,

At 27 million why not chuck Arsenal 35M and at least put out name in.

We'd never pay his wages. Think City are offering him 250K a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Jose wouldn't know what to do with Sanchez if he got him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Jose wouldn't know what to do with Sanchez if he got him

Make him look half the player he was, ala Pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Panic buying and buying for the sake of it hardly ever works. Klopp doesn't waste money, if he doesn't see anything hell wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Augeo wrote: »
    Surely most of our likely targets can't play in the Cl with us this season though?

I think the only target we've been linked with that isn't CL-tied is Mahrez. Although, it seems that link has gone cold which is a shame as I think Klopp could get more out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I've a feeling we won't spend a cent of the coutinho money in Jan, we'll spend it in the summer and it'll look good that we spent all that money in the summer when in actual fact it needs to be spent now and the same amount again in the summer,we need 5 top footballers to come in not just one or two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

"Fun Bobby is already angling for a move" Jumping the gun a bit here aren't you mate. One instagram post does not a transfer request make .
    Grayditch wrote: »
    How is he angling for a move?

hes telling people life isnt the same without coutinho....his best man.

Now to me that means hes not as happy as he was.

Seems to me hes building a picture to orchestrate a move (or at least a better contract) come summer time (especially if he has a good world cup).

Now I don't want him to leave...but (if we are honest with ourselves) we've all seen this playbook a few times before from different players. Starts with not being overly happy...then something else...or i didnt get a birthday cake (yaya) etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ya Ya is still at City 3 years on from CakeGate

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

We should go all in for Sanchez. If United think there's a chance of scuppering the move then why aren't we in the conversation too?

City would be obvious favourites, I wouldn't expect us to persuade him, but we should absolutely be in for him. He is a top quality player, there would be a strong argument that we would be no weaker going into the 2nd half of the season if we pulled it off.

He would suit Klopp's style to a tee, we should absolutely be in the conversation if there's any chance imo.

I would pay him the £250,000 a week, can we not stretch to this? We would be getting an established top class player in his prime.

We would offer Sanchez the chance to still be top dog at a club (something he wouldn't get in City), the chance to play in an exciting attacking team (something he wouldn't get at United), and Klopp has shown he can be a draw. I think we'd be mad to put ourselves in the conversation

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I've a feeling we won't spend a cent of the coutinho money in Jan, we'll spend it in the summer and it'll look good that we spent all that money in the summer when in actual fact it needs to be spent now and the same amount again in the summer,we need 5 top footballers to come in not just one or two

To win the league or try to win it you need to be putting players like Keita alongside players like Coutinho, Salah, Mane and Frimino.

But as ever with us it's one step forward two steps back. Just as we are getting close to having a really good side we lose our best player. We'll recover and get some good players in but no doubt in a year or two Salah will be off. Just the way it is with us unfortunately.

Morzadec wrote: »
    We should go all in for Sanchez.  If United think there's a chance of scuppering the move then why aren't we in the conversation too?

City would be obvious favourites, I wouldn't expect us to persuade him, but we should absolutely be in for him.  He is a top quality player, there would be a strong argument that we would be no weaker going into the 2nd half of the season if we pulled it off.

He would suit Klopp's style to a tee, we should absolutely be in the conversation if there's any chance imo.

I would pay him the £250,000 a week, can we not stretch to this?  We would be getting an established top class player in his prime.

We would offer Sanchez the chance to still be top dog at a club (something he wouldn't get in City), the chance to play in an exciting attacking team (something he wouldn't get at United), and Klopp has shown he can be a draw.  I think we'd be mad to put ourselves in the conversation
    Who would u drop ? Mane, Slaah or Boby ?
    For us to pay that money he'd have to be starting every week, City have the cash that they can afford to pay that and sit him on the bench if they like,

Morzadec wrote: »
    We should go all in for Sanchez. If United think there's a chance of scuppering the move then why aren't we in the conversation too?

City would be obvious favourites, I wouldn't expect us to persuade him, but we should absolutely be in for him. He is a top quality player, there would be a strong argument that we would be no weaker going into the 2nd half of the season if we pulled it off.

I would pay him the £250,000 a week, can we not stretch to this? We would be getting an established top class player in his prime.

We would offer Sanchez the chance to still be top dog at a club (something he wouldn't get in City), the chance to play in an exciting attacking team (something he wouldn't get at United), and Klopp has shown he can be a draw. I think we'd be mad to put ourselves in the conversation

Sanchez is almost 30. I'd say his priorities now are

A. One last massive payday
    B. Pick up some handy medals

I don't see us offering either to him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement