Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Augeo wrote: »
    With migs recent enough contract extension & karius brought in not too long ago I don't think a GK is being deemed a priority

It has to be though right,it's our biggest problem right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

I think Giles is wrong in his analysis of the Coutinho sale and the conclusions he draws and I think he's partly motivated by bias (wasn't he originally a Man U player?) and the likely encouraged by his editor to be provocative in order to remain relevant and sell newspapers/clicks but he's often bang on the money especially when he's just sticking to analysis of tactics and player performance.

I think it's very disrespectful as well as pure lazy to use derogatory labels such as "Dinosaur" when referring to one of the greatest Irish players of all time and indeed one of the top players in the English game of all time (I'm talking top 5% of players not the top 5 players) who's opinion is based on a very successful playing and punditry career.

By all means challenge the points hes making but calling him a dinosaur, is that the best you can do? You're not an amoeba yourself are you?

Sorry, I'd be defending anyone's right to call Giles a dinosaur. The fact that himself and Dunphy are being wheeled out on a weekly basis days more about what we're willing to listen to than what they have to say.
    On occasion I happen to catch Giles on Newstalk and his analysis of the modern game is quite appalling. I've heard him deride the notion of tactics, systems, rotation, player fatigue, usually with the tired old "In my day" horse****.
    He's as dinosaur as dinosaur analysts get and the fact that he's wheeled out by Newstalk still, and rarely challenged, says as much about OTB these days as anything else.
    Giles is undoubtedly a gentleman, good company and loves the game but he's talking about a different game than is played in the 21st Century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

shamrock55 wrote:
    It has to be though right,it's our biggest problem right now

We don't know that yet though. The defence is going to be better now so hopefully whichever keeper plays will start getting some confidence and should improve. I think they'll be given a chance before replacing them.

Midfield is our weakest area right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm not sure how Klopp and VanDijk will improve Mig's hand eye coordination, but hopefully here will be less shots for him to watch float by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Mignolet improve? Not a ****ing chance.

I'm not saying either will become class keepers. I'm just saying that a confident defence on front of them might make them less likely to make mistakes as they won't be worried about their own defenders knocking them out or putting them in one on one's.

I just think a good defence can make an average keeper look really good. Migs looked class before he came here because he had a team who where really good at defending on front of him.

Piece here on Sanchez which contains details of United's purported interest in Malcom from Bourdeaux. Says that he's already had an offer from an unnamed club - could he be the guy that we're interested in who Burt refuses to name?

Is there some guy on Twitter saying we're interested in someone but not saying who it is?!

What kind of ITK is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think there is some respected Journo's reporting it as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Grayditch wrote: »
    Is there some guy on Twitter saying we're interested in someone but not saying who it is?!

A journo with the Telegraph I'd never heard of before this, and I don't even remember his name now.

• Advertisement

FA Cup game is the Saturday night 7:45pm game on the 27th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

A narcissistic plank of an 'ITK'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I can say now for definite that Liverpool are interested in signing somebody, I will update you when they succeed or fail, I might even give you their name then

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The problem isn't the defence making the keeper nervous I'd be fairly certain its the keeper thats making the defence nervous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I can't for the life of me understand why we aren't trying to get a top keeper in Jan,never mind lemar,mahrez,Sanchez or any these boys,a keeper should be no 1 priority

What club would sell a top keeper in January?

The problem isn't the defence making the keeper nervous I'd be fairly certain its the keeper thats making the defence nervous.

To be fair it goes both ways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

He's an 'ITC'.....Irritating Twitter Cúnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

The mystery man is.......Antoine Griezmann!

Well according to a bunch of lads on Twitter I've never heard of.

Is LeBron still a part owner?
    Pulisic: LeBron always been an inspiration
    https://twitter.com/honigstein/status/951512232969588736

• Advertisement

Is LeBron still a part owner?

He isn't an owner. Just a celebrity influencer isn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Mr.H wrote: »
    He isn't an owner. Just a celebrity influencer isn't he?

He's a shareholder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Big news on the way:eek:

Tune in at 8:20 PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Charlie19 wrote: »

?

No need to wait.
    Alberto Moreno back in training with his #LFC team-mates today.

https://twitter.com/AndyK_LivNews/status/951528027434954752

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Jason Burt is someone who I'd take seriously esp as his inside info is backed up by a times journalist.

Oh dear pity about Moreno ;)

• Advertisement

Oh dear pity about Moreno

No wonder we aren't replacing Phil lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think there is some respected Journo's reporting it as well.

What are respected journos reporting? The Griezmann twitter rumours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

mosstin wrote: »
    Sorry, I'd be defending anyone's right to call Giles a dinosaur. The fact that himself and Dunphy are being wheeled out on a weekly basis days more about what we're willing to listen to than what they have to say.
    On occasion I happen to catch Giles on Newstalk and his analysis of the modern game is quite appalling. I've heard him deride the notion of tactics, systems, rotation, player fatigue, usually with the tired old "In my day" horse****.
    He's as dinosaur as dinosaur analysts get and the fact that he's wheeled out by Newstalk still, and rarely challenged, says as much about OTB these days as anything else.
    Giles is undoubtedly a gentleman, good company and loves the game but he's talking about a different game than is played in the 21st Century.

So why not challenge the points he makes and show how wrong he is rather than call him derogatory names, it's just so lazy and juvenile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bobby's teeth are whiter than his jumper :pac:

Which day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

sword1 wrote: »
    Which day?

Today obviously :)
    This lad has 80k followers, I was sure he be a concrete source.

https://twitter.com/360Sources/status/951537398462271488

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sturridge has said he wants to leave, the club want 30m for him. According to James Pearce. That might be the 'big news'.

5starpool wrote: »
    Sturridge has said he wants to leave, the club want 30m for him. According to James Pearce. That might be the 'big news'.

I don’t think him wanting out is big news really.

Maybe the price tag is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I would be shocked if we got 30 mill for sturridge

If we get £30m for him this month that is a £172m we will have gotten for two players bought in January 2013 for £20.5m.

Plus £65m for Luis and £49m for Sterling bought for a combined £27m

That front four that finished second all sold for a combined £286m.

£240m profit on the four of them.

30m seems right these days.

Today obviously :)
    This lad has 80k followers, I was sure he be a concrete source.

https://twitter.com/360Sources/status/951537398462271488

OK, which timezone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If fit and played and not asked to be a dog like Firmino, Strurridge gets you 25 goals a season in league.

I'd like to see Sturridge go to Southampton. Or... just... someone go there. It's starting to look weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I'd assume if Sturridge is saying he wants to leave his agent has already shopped him about and knows there's teams interested. This coming out could be him trying to get the price lowered as the team he wants won't go to 30m for him.

• Advertisement

Mr.H wrote: »
    We don't know that yet though. The defence is going to be better now so hopefully whichever keeper plays will start getting some confidence and should improve. I think they'll be given a chance before replacing them.

Midfield is our weakest area right now

If you think vvd on his own is gonna suddenly turn our defence and goalkeeper into world-beaters then your in for a long wait I'm affraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Losing Sturridge would be a disaster, we need him in those tight games as an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

shamrock55 wrote: »
    If you think vvd on his own is gonna suddenly turn our defence and goalkeeper into world-beaters then your in for a long wait I'm affraid

No but if he gets those playing around him with confidence youd be amazed what it can do!

dogbert27 wrote: »
    What club would sell a top keeper in January?

You'd be surprised,we sold our best best player in Jan afterall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That front four that finished second all sold for a combined £286m

£240m profit on the four of them.

Net spend trophy is ours! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I heard it was a Boomerang we were getting for 60m, thought him and Klopp don't get on so I highly doubt them rumours are true tbf...

I'm as reliable as the shíte I had an hour ago... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Losing Sturridge would be a disaster, we need him in those tight games as an option.

We just had 3 tight games in a row and didn't need him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If fit and played and not asked to be a dog like Firmino, Strurridge gets you 25 goals a season in league.

Most definitely. A player who has never got 25 league goals and has 17 in the last 4 seasons is going to come off the scrap heap and start banging in 25 a season.

FSG clearly underpricing him at €30 million.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Someone just reminded the lads we're playing Man City at the weekend.

DTSiRx1WkAA5BRj.jpg:large

• Advertisement

So why not challenge the points he makes and show how wrong he is rather than call him derogatory names, it's just so lazy and juvenile.

I'm constantly challenging the points he makes whilst calling him a dinosaur on them. Have you ever called Mignolet something derogatory on here? If so, what's the difference?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement