Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

5starpool wrote: »

DTSiRx1WkAA5BRj.jpg:large

‘So, Alberto’s back which is not cool in the moment.’

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

If fit..

Stopped reading after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Can't see any team paying 30m for Sturridge. Take into account his wages and the fact he just can't stay fit. He's a shadow of what he was.

Half that would be about fair tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Today obviously :)
    This lad has 80k followers, I was sure he be a concrete source.

https://twitter.com/360Sources/status/951537398462271488

Seriously, who are these ****? As bad as it gets, as bad as those Facebook links.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is sturridge a moneyball signing? Let's sell him to Southampton and then buy him back next year.

• Advertisement

If offered half of it we should take it and run tbh imo.

A lot of fans seem to forget how eh...fragile he is because he’s barely been used recently, maybe other managers will fall for it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Big announcement tonight....not a signing....but maybe the new white training gear???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

If fit and played and not asked to be a dog like Firmino, Strurridge gets you 25 goals a season in league.

A feat he has literally never done, ever, and has only come even remotely close to doing once. Every other season in his career he's scored less than half that in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I wouldn't worry about Sturridge. We have money, we don't need to sell him. He could provide a good back-up (Not a 25 goal season player if he's just not asked to work hard type star striker, sorry). Sturridge is probably worth more to us than whatever we could make, unless a relegation zone team really wants to make the 25-30m punt.

As a side note, he'll straight up get a brace against us every time we play whoever he goes to in the PL. China or America might be options.

I also like Daniel Sturridge and his, albeit rare goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

His £150k a week wages would be better served on player who would actually benefit the team.

• Advertisement

Worry about it in the summer if nobody wants to fork out.

Couldn't care less if he goes or stays tbh. He's not playing anyway.

Probably makes sense to sell him if it goes towards improving the squad.

I think he will go though. He needs to if he wants to go to the world cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

£30m for Sturridge give half of it to Red Bull and give Baby Keith Sturridge's wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

15 to 20m would be a good price for him.

The medical would be fun though.

Sturridge doesn't offer anything to the team anymore, not anything than can be consistently relied upon anyway. It's a shame for a bloke who had the world at his feet a couple of years ago.

As useful as Carroll was at this stage and says it all that both players are involved in the dreaded debates about who takes the last spot in the forward line next Summer for England.

I think it'd start off well for Sturridge if he moved. Then, after not too long he'd be exposed as usual.

2f5.gif

brevity wrote: »

It would be the medical equivalent of trying to get into a nightclub off your face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

brevity wrote: »

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

giphy.gif

EDIT: Seems we all had the same idea.

Sturridges medical

ejFHO5S.gif

• Advertisement

juniorgiant_vz67jgir_hyftbdim.jpg

‘I’ve never even seen this type of injury before.’

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Losing Sturridge would be a disaster, we need him in those tight games as an option.

Lets be honest it wouldnt make a difference. Even when he is fit he barely plays so it would make no difference if he left

Sorry I broke the simpsonsgifathon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

mosstin wrote: »
    I'm constantly challenging the points he makes whilst calling him a dinosaur on them. Have you ever called Mignolet something derogatory on here? If so, what's the difference?

No, no I haven't. I don't agree with using derogatory terms such as "dead wood" when describing underperforming or ageing players or calling other cubs "nothing" clubs. It's lazy, abusive and the polar opposite of the YNWA values the club stands for.

So was there any news on the 8:20 transfer news that was suppose to define the rest of the season? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

"It is clear that Keïta's mind is in Liverpool. During training he was the last player out of the cabin; and sat in a Golf buggy drinking tea whilst his teammates warmed up for training. #lfc [Bild]"

#freenaby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

So Moreno is back, do we put him back in the team? Personally, I think Robertson deserves to stay in the side, I feel.we have less of a weak link with him playing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Drinking tea eh? Getting ready for life in England already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

ballyargus wrote: »
    Drinking tea eh? Getting ready for life in England already.

Golf buggy? He's heading straight for the MLS! :eek:

• Advertisement

Joke or not bad attitudes are not acceptable. We wouldn't have been happy if that was Coutinho we were reading about a couple of months ago.

I think we'd be mad to get rid of sturrdige. Look at the vids he inspired. Not sure if have another player on our locker that can generate such content.

All jokes aside, it's a shame he's so injury prone and to be honest he should really look to move and take a pay cut if needs be.
    Would be better for himself, think he can still offer something where not as much is demanded of him. Celtic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Sturridge doesnt suit Klopp's 'game', that's fine!

But Sturridge is well capable of contributing in any game we play if the worst happened to Firmino tomorrow. We know about the injuries. However we get a far better player than Lukaku (yes we do) for example, when he is in form. He wants a shot at going to the world cup so i think someone taking him would get a run for their money at 30m given the absolute state of the market at the moment.

Im all for selling him provided there is adequate senior cover which i dont believe there is currently.

There is a simple solution, buy a replacement. Because if Firmino pulls up lame for a couple of months it leaves us wafer thin if we dont.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Sturridge doesnt suit Klopp's 'game', that's fine!

But Sturridge is well capable of contributing in any game we play if the worst happened to Firmino tomorrow. We know about the injuries. However we get a far better player than Lukaku (yes we do) for example, when he is in form. He wants a shot at going to the world cup so i think someone taking him would get a run for their money at 30m given the absolute state of the market at the moment.

Im all for selling him provided there is adequate senior cover which i dont believe there is currently.

There is a simple solution, buy a replacement. Because if Firmino pulls up lame for a couple of months it leaves us wafer thin if we dont.

He couldn't be relied upon though. There's every chance he'd be out himself injured or would be after a few games.
    Even if we keep him, decent cover would be a good idea. Not sure if our other cover is good enough either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

daithijjj wrote: »
    But Sturridge is well capable of contributing in any game we play if the worst happened to Firmino tomorrow.

What's happening tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sturridge is an utter passenger when out of possession, have people forgotten he can't actually run? Remember that threaded ball near the start of the season, which your gran might have caught? It just kept getting further away from Daniel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Keep the Sturridge.

When was Sturridge last in form?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

If he's behind Solanke in the pecking order, then he should be just sold on and the club shouldn't price him out of a move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

When was Sturridge last in form?

He hasn't been the same since Gerrard left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    He couldn't be relied upon though. There's every chance he'd be out himself injured or would be after a few games.
    Even if we keep him, decent cover would be a good idea. Not sure if our other cover is good enough either.

I hear ya. I agree we need another player even if he stayed beyond this window.

But reliance? Reliance is relative. The managers first choice left back this year hasn't been reliable for years, just because he hasnt been a clusterf**k doesnt mean its good enough. Our keepers are everything but reliable. Being fit to play doesnt make a player reliable.

I'd expect the club to bring in another player if Sturridge left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

It would be madness to sell Sturrridge without a replacement for either sturridge or coutinho coming in. Our back up would then be solanke who has yet to score a goal for us. It makes total sense to sell Sturridge in the summer but as things stand not now.

*Lights fuse* half season loan swap, Sturridge / Hernandez *leaves*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Grayditch wrote: »
    *Lights fuse* half season loan swap, Sturridge / Hernandez *leaves*

Why would you want Hernandez, he has flopped at West Ham?

I find it a pity how Sturridge has had injury problems.

He gets mocked here but people forget how good he was in 13/14 with that title push. He scored some great goals. It's a pity we didn't get to see more of that Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The latest on the mystery player is griezmann. Lol no chance

Sturridge could have left 2 months ago and no one would have noticed, it's not exactly a major crisis if he goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Most definitely. A player who has never got 25 league goals and has 17 in the last 4 seasons is going to come off the scrap heap and start banging in 25 a season.

FSG clearly underpricing him at €30 million.

Balotelli has 33 in 49 games, just don't ask him to run or walk fast, but if he's on pitch he'll score.
    Sturridge just needs to be on the pitch for a manager that just wants him on the pitch , not to run, not to hustle, just to stand there and wait for his moment, you can actually build a team around that.

murpho999 wrote: »

He gets mocked here but people forget how good he was in 13/14 with that title push. He scored some great goals. It's a pity we didn't get to see more of that Sturridge.

Nobody forgets it. It's mentioned anytime his name comes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sturridge could have left 2 months ago and no one would have noticed, it's not exactly a major crisis if he goes.

I would love for us to go out and buy a proven striker though, a Sanchez or Aguero just younger.

Sturridge relied heavily on his pace. Its gone and so are his goals. I like Danny but his time here is up and is probably destined for a bottom half side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Balotelli has 33 in 49 games, just don't ask him to run or walk fast, but if he's on pitch he'll score.
    Sturridge just needs to be on the pitch for a manager that just wants him on the pitch , not to run, not to hustle, just to stand there and wait for his moment, you can actually build a team around that.

Even with that, he'll still only probably be fit for half a season. You just cant mitigate for how often he gets injured. I don't think he's ever gonna get those sorts of goalscoring numbers though, unless, like Balotelli, he's doing it in France, or Scotland or something.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement