Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Jordon Ibe has improved quite a lot for Bournemouth in the last few months, grabbed the second for them just there. Always thought he had a lot of potential, if he keeps improving, maybe we might activate that buy back clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

retalivity wrote: »
    Weak enough team.

Urge to be pessimistic....rising

I don't get what other team people were expecting?

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't get what other team people were expecting?

Looks good to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I bet the "big announcement" has something to do with Tommy Lawrence or something and this lad is just capitalising off it for exposure, making it seem like some big transfer development.

Jordon Ibe has improved quite a lot for Bournemouth in the last few months, grabbed the second for them just there. Always thought he had a lot of potential, if he keeps improving, maybe we might activate that buy back clause.

He's playing for Bournemouth and just scored his first league goal for them in 38 appearances. I don't think he's of the level required for where we want Liverpool to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Dejan with the winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Eddie Howe is pretty good at over paying for average and aging and taking on loan sick note players.

Maybe he will buy Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Jordan Ibe eh?

Turned out to be a good signing for them, he's there leading player for assists this season.

murpho999 wrote: »
    He's playing for Bournemouth and just scored his first league goal for them in 38 appearances. I don't think he's of the level required for where we want Liverpool to be.

Well I qualified that by saying if he keeps improving. But yes, it would have to be a massive improvement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Don't think it's a bad side, just a tad concerned at CB. I'd take a draw. Then again I'm a pessimistic fecker anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Happy not to see lallana starting today. Hes still not 100% and cant be having passengers today in this game.

Jürgen Klopp on the decision to start Karius over Mignolet: "Usually I could say it's a decision for today, but if Loris now is able to perform, he will stay in the goal."

Klopp seems to have changed his tone on Mignolet being the starter, seems Karius is ahead of him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I don't think Ibe will ever be good enough for a Top 6 team, though he is still quite young so he might prove me wrong yet.

Jürgen Klopp on the decision to start Karius over Mignolet: "Usually I could say it's a decision for today, but if Loris now is able to perform, he will stay in the goal."

Klopp seems to have changed his tone on Mignolet being the starter, seems Karius is ahead of him now.

Looks like Karius is going to get an opportunity to prove himself over the remainder of the season. I hope he takes it with both hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

I think Cech has finally knocked Migs off his perch of worst goalie in top 6. Another clangerfest-tastic display today.

• Advertisement

Looking more likely now that Spurs are our main rival for a top 4 spot.

Arsenal look like a poor side.

tinpib wrote: »
    I think Cech has finally knocked Migs off his perch of worst goalie in top 6. Another clangerfest-tastic display today.

Yet despite conceding 3 more goals than us (5 if you include today's goals) we never hear much about Arsenal's shaky defence and uninspiring goalkeeper.

He’s a Manchester journalist

Sanchez to City probably

Would have thought the same but he used #lfc so I wonder what it is.

Wenger stated a decision on Sanchez future is imminent, a big announcement is expected at Anfield today? He's hardly decided to join Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Wenger stated a decision on Sanchez future is imminent, a big announcement is expected at Anfield today? He's hardly decided to join Liverpool?

Jaysus that'd be nuts

• Advertisement

Pizza ordered half a bottle of Rum to drink and no sleep in the last 30 hours odds of me making it to the end of the game awake..

Very slim.

Only right Karius is given his chance till the end of the season now.

We still need to buy a top class keeper.

Mignolet needs to go in the summer he will do well in any team outside the top 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Where's the 'big announcement' stuff coming from? They don't normally make comments like that ahead of transfers. And a bit weird to announce anything on a match day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Doubtful as he turned them down when signing for arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That's the end of mig anyway. Karius has half a season to show something. Here's hoping but I'd have my doubts. If it doesn't work its fair to say we will be going big on a keeper in the summer.

Lovren is captain as well.

We are totally fcuked now that will go to his head and Billy Big Balls will come out in him.

We are getting slaughtered now.

Tusky wrote: »
    Where's the 'big announcement' stuff coming from? They don't normally make comments like that ahead of transfers. And a bit weird to announce anything on a match day...

It has not come from the club but a manchester based journalist. His tweet was posted earlier.

Brendan Rodgers sacking announced immediately after a match so things can happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Don't think it's a bad side, just a tad concerned at CB. I'd take a draw. Then again I'm a pessimistic fecker anyway :)

Draw wouldn't be the worst result to be honest given Chelsea and Arsenal dropping points.

Although I'm not sure Arsenal are going to be a factor at all they way they are going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I felt his tone changed after he piss poor performance against arsenal. first time he almost threw a player under the bus.

• Advertisement

Makes sense for him to be done with Mig, he's about on the level of Karius but 5 years older.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

This changing keeper all the time is a complete joke. Ideally get in a top keeper but in the meantime stick with Mignolet as number 1 with Karius as backup or vice versa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

liam7831 wrote: »
    Doubtful as he turned them down when signing for arsenal

You get wiser as you get older.

This changing keeper all the time is a complete joke. Ideally get in a top keeper but in the meantime stick with Mignolet as number 1 with Karius as backup or vice versa.

So Klopp should keep Karius as backup despite thinking he's the better keeper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Given the gulf in class and us being in a bit of disarray a draw would be absolutely fine. We don't need to win every game, we don't need to close the gap to City. We just need to keep our heads screwed on and stay competitive for a bit until we figure out our new shape.

So a Manchester Jouno has the scopes now haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

So Klopp should keep Karius as backup despite thinking he's the better keeper?

Klopp has no idea what he's doing with these two. Sure Mignolet was captain around 3 games ago.

Gbear wrote: »
    Given the gulf in class and us being in a bit of disarray a draw would be absolutely fine. We don't need to win every game, we don't need to close the gap to City. We just need to keep our heads screwed on and stay competitive for a bit until we figure out our new shape.

I get that we just lost Coutinho but we've 5 wins and a draw from our last 6 games.

• Advertisement

Klopp has no idea what he's doing with these two. Sure Mignolet was captain around 3 games ago.

Yeah because he was the most senior player in the squad, same reason Lovren is captain today despite not starting when everyone is fit. It means nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Operation Anfield Exercise

‘Bigggggggggggg operation anfield exercise.’

He gives the captaincy to whoever has been at the club longest, hence Lovren having it today.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Lose and we're 5th, win and we're 3rd. Somewhat unlikely to win by 4 and go 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I never get the fascination with the captaincy in football. It's not rugby or cricket where the captain is often responsible for tactical decisions on the field of play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I get that we just lost Coutinho but we've 5 wins and a draw from our last 6 games.
    Maybe disarray is the wrong word but its a blow and if we get mauled you can see the buzz starting to sour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Who's the captain lads?

He gives the captaincy to whoever has been at the club longest, hence Lovren having it today.

Really don't think Klopp finds the captaincy role as important as many do here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hit and hope KARIUS at it right from the off. Gives it back every time !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Who's the captain lads?

Lovern

Stupid booing of Sterling. Hate that crap. Players move on all the time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement