Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Grayditch wrote: »
    Gomez in liability territory now.
    Karius... I'm not surprised.

I'm still wondering what kind of goalkeeping coaching is going on at Liverpool.

You don't need any coaching to know you shouldn't be beaten at your near post.

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Did the exact same thing against Everton.

Also Mane's gotten into the game more as it went on but I can't count the amount of times he got the ball on the left of the box, and just fcuking stood there looking around for 30 seconds.
    Mane can be really lazy with the ball sometimes. Just waits for someone to run and tries to do a little backheel or a layoff.

Needs to offer a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Gomez has been culpable for a few goals recently now hopefully he can get back on track but it's a worrying little trend. Karius gets his big chance and gets beaten at the near post you couldn't write it.

Playing well however, chamberlain having a stormer in particular. Shame any meaningful shots in target against us usually result in a goal though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's a similar mistake to those he's made on a few other occasions. Seems to lose his bearings under the high ball. Hopefully the can work on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

You won't get a bigger fan of Gomez than me but he's made 3 errors that have led to goals recently. A break may just sharpen his mind.

TAA has been pretty faultless at right back when he has been asked to play but isn't as good one v one so I can see why Gomez was picked for this game.

TAA had a very similar mistake against Hoffenheim this season, Uth's goal I think.

They're young lads and they're going to make mistakes, obviously that's not enough of an excuse in itself but it's not like we're starting them ahead of some experienced fullback, they're all we've got right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Thats an awful goal to concede....really terrible goalkeeping.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Usual good performance being undone by a couple of bad errors in defence.

I don't subscribe to the idea that there's anything terribly interesting about near post goals. The main thing seems to be that Karius has weak hands and is bad at saving shots.

Somewhat of a disqualifier for a keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Our goalkeepers don't have a pair of wrists between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Gbear wrote: »
    I don't subscribe to the idea that there's anything terribly interesting about near post goals. The main thing seems to be that Karius has weak hands and is bad at saving shots.

Near post? Not sure what you mean but it's important to give your defenders a narrower area to cover when a player is about to shoot.

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »

Goals like that there is.

Fair enough if the shot is right in the postage stamp between the post and the bar the keeper has a lot of work to do, but that was at the perfect height for a keeper at his near post. It was really poor in multiple ways from Karius.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Happy with the first half. Good tempo, good organisation and have really limited city from the type of game they usually play.
    Nice goal by the Ox, playing well.
    Mané is not fully at pace with those around him.
    We made 2 mistakes for city to score, normally it only takes 1 !!
    But a greater liability must surely go to Karius, he had plenty of time to get settled and was still beaten at his near post, goalkeeping 101, it shouldn't have happened.

We have been the better team, but I would take a draw now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Think we have enough to go on and win this. I don't think City are really at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Whatever about Gomez's mistakes, they are nowhere near as bad as Karius today.

Gomez's error led to a chance, Karuis mistake gave away a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

We have been fantastic lads, for me it's all.on Gomez,that ball is coming a very long way ,just dive into sane going for the ball, problem solved. Keeper should never have had that shot to save, but he's not the answer to our keeper problems we know this already, I really hope we keep the head coz we are well capable of winning this,the real emre can has turned up too which is nice,he's been an animal

He ****s that up near or far post. Its right next to him. He just had poor shot stopping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Jesus h Christ what needs to happen before we get in a new keeper,please spend the coutinho money on a world class keeper,I'd fcuk the whole 150m at oblak at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

On a plus Ox and Robertson have been monsters best CM and best FB we have.

Both should be guaranteed starters from now on.

Kiss of death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

So frustrating to keep throwing away our hard work with stupid soft goals. Gomez and Karius were awful for it, the pair of them.

It's been a really smart Liverpool performance apart from the goal. Game is still there to be won, but City must surely just start taking shots from all over the shop to test Karius.

• Advertisement

The ox has been fantastic btw

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We're going to lose this game.

I would genuinely love to know how karius and mignolet became pro goalkeepers,they are truly shocking,my 6 yes old has a safer pair of hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I didn't realise the last time City won at Anfield was 2003

My goalkeeper should be ugly broken nosed cauliflowered eared with a few facial scars not afraid to get a kick in the head.

And not an Instagram model wantabe.

Saying that if we aren't signing a keeper this month I'd leave him in till the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I agree with the rest of yas when you are saying we need to spend the Couthino money on a proven keeper. Id also add a goal keeping coach to that list as John Achterberg is not the answer. He has proved he can't do his job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I would genuinely love to know how karius and mignolet became pro goalkeepers,they are truly shocking,my 6 yes old has a safer pair of hands

Or how sh1te must Ward be if he can't get a look in past these clowns.
    In control, no real pressure, first real shot to save, goal conceded. Nothing new.

My goalkeeper should be ugly broken nosed cauliflowered eared with a few facial scars not afraid to get a kick in the head.

And not an Instagram model wantabe.

Saying that if we aren't signing a keeper this month I'd leave him in till the end of the season.

No chance of us signing a goalie this month. Far from certain we'd sign one in the summer either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Tides turned here.

5starpool wrote: »
    No chance of us signing a goalie this month. Far from certain we'd sign one in the summer either.

Then we'll win nothing of note.......cabbages the pair of them. VVD is an excellent addition but he wont improve the defence enough to make those two use their hands properly.

NukaCola wrote: »
    Then we'll win nothing of note.......cabbages the pair of them. VVD is an excellent addition but he wont improve the defence enough to make those two use their hands properly.

I agree, but Klopp seems to not do so. Hopefully he will surprise me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Need to get Lallana on for Wijnaldum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Crowd are singing the tune.... salah, oh mane mane

FUN FCUKING BOBBY FIRMINO IS THE MAIN MAN!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Bobby ****in Firminio

****ing hell

What a goal, outstanding.

Wij and Can have been pretty excellent off the ball but ****e most of the time on it. Big gulf in our capacity to play in midfield

What a f*cking goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Bobby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Bobby..... Fir..... Min....... O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Some bit of stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Brilliant Bobby... Argh Mane

GET IN! :D

Ohhh Mane.

Mane is the Mane Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Holy ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Coutinho who ????

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement