Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Me bleeding nerves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

At least we’ll go second tomorrow night once United lose by three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

My immediate emotion is a combination of relief and anger.

It should never have been that fcuking close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Me bloody nerves.

Great win though.

So did I haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Karius was poor today. Wish Klopp would go out and buy a great keeper. Would make such a difference to the team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Almost made the full match.

I also assume that you don't find Lovren at fault for City's third goal either?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

What a result

Na. At 4-1 what a result. At 4-3 we rode our luck. Shocking performance for the last 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Delighted! Don't care about the last 10 mins. VVD will fix that. Get a keeper and another forward and we can be ludicrous next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Bittersweet victory

Feck that, it's so sweet it's given me Type 1 AND Type 2 Diabetes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

NukaCola wrote: »
    Great game, three points, happy enough. GK is seriously needed, VVD coming back in will help.

4 shots on target for City and 3 goals. This has to stop.

The second two goals were around the 6 yard box.

• Advertisement

3 points, great win & entertainment :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

noodler wrote: »
    My immediate emotion is a combination of relief and anger.

It should never have been that fcuking close.

I doubt we would have kept the lead if there was another 5 minutes to play. Collapse and panic all through the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

murpho999 wrote: »
    What a load of rubbish, seriously.

Give me your actual argument and then I'll respond.

So is the big announcement at Anfield today is that City are not invincible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

It’s a great result but it’s crazy when you are winning by 2 goals in injury time and the crowd knows we can blow this.

The second two goals were around the 6 yard box.

And?....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I'm holding the phone and my hands are shaking. This can't be healthy for anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I'm to old for this sh*t!!

I apologise for being a moan bag in advance... But Mig is still appreciably better than Karius.

Mig back and VVD for Lovren.

That Gundagen goal.....

Seve OB wrote: »
    Na. At 4-1 what a result. At 4-3 we rode our luck. Shocking performance for the last 10

We beat the best team of the last 10 years and pretty much played them off the park for the 80 minutes. Awesome performance.

• Advertisement

Give me your actual argument and then I'll respond.

Well you just responded without an argument?

Anyhow, Wijnaldum is not a bad signing and does a lot of defensive work that helps the team out.

How many teams have beaten City this season? How many teams have dropped points to City in the last 5 minutes of the game this season?

We only did one of these today but you'd swear it was the latter with some of the reactions here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

City's run ends and Jordan Ibe scored a goal to beat Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

And?....

Harsh to pin them on the keeper.

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I think we're a goalkeeper away from winning trophies.

Until we sort that position out we'll fall short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We absolutely blew ourselves out by 80 minutes.

If we didn't get the 4 while we were on top I'd say they just would've picked us of at the end 3-4 or 3-5 but it gave us enough belief, enough time and space that were able to crawl over the line.

It wasn't a brilliant performance in possession but what it was, for the first time this season, was far closer to the sort of thing we were seeing all last season against the better sides - the same sort of intensity - and that threw them right off their stride.

Robertson and AOC the two best, but I thought that even though they looked a bit leggy and off the pace at times, Mane and Firmino were actually brilliant as well. They looked a bit slow going forward at time but they lost nothing on the ball and worked their balls off getting back as well.

The only players with questionmarks were Karius and Gomez for their mistakes and Wijnaldum for generally not being great a lot of the time.

You're not beating this City side unless you give absolutely everything and we did.

If we bring the same sort of intensity for the return games against Chelsea and Spurs we can do the same sort of thing.
    Utd aren't subject to this sort of thing in the same way because they don't try to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Hope the scare at the end opens up the eyes that we still have issues. Players were absolutely exhausted in the last 10 minutes.
    Karius is a dud & was since he turned up at the club. Could have easily cost us 3 points on another day.
    Chamberlain was fantastic & Wijnaldum showed up big time. Front 3 worked their holes off & I was impressed by that even before the goals.
    Aguero's diving header nearly gave me a anxiety attack :eek:

How many teams have beaten City this season? How many teams have dropped points to City in the last 5 minutes of the game this season?

We only did one of these today but you'd swear it was the latter with some of the reactions here.

We barely hung on being 4-1 up on the 82nd minute. I can understand the frustration tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It’s not fcuking easy watching LFC:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Despite the score saying it was a close game we dominated and controlled and ran over the best team in English football history!

awec wrote: »

We're a goalkeeper away today, we'll be a CB away the next time one of them makes a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

I doubt we would have kept the lead if there was another 5 minutes to play. Collapse and panic all through the team.

VVD, key8a and a new keeper will sort that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Some end to that game.

We don't do stuff the easy way do we.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I am more shocked we didnt conceade from kdbs free kick at the end. **** me the nerves.

Great result. Proud of the ox and robertson today the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

How to win and lose a game in 10 mins :p

Huge 3 points. Now please VVD stay for fit for rest of season!

Unreal the explosive talent we have in attack lads even without Coutinho. Great to see Mane back in form too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,956 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Christ that was a squeaky bum finish!

I know, I know.

And I apologise.

I just cant help but be frustrated.

If the team collapses like that in the last ten when 4-1 up at a rocking Anfield, it just worries you.

Like, what's required for a comfortable result?

More than anything else, it's a major negative to keeping the front 3 when all (k, not all) their good work gets undone like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Absolutely delighted with the win obviously not happy about the last 10 minutes but that can't be fixed in time
    The only thing though is at 4-1 Klopp probably would have kept Karius in goal for the next game thinking he only made 1 error I think he needs to now take a good look at him

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

So many positives, but a win is greatly welcome. Some great goals.......but........

Robertson....take a bow son, take a bow.....

The little niggle at Sterling, the 80 yards press and a totally dominant performance!!

Rock N Roll football !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

awec wrote: »

We're another quality attacker and central midfielder away as well. Keita will slot into midfield but we still need that other attacker now that Coutinho is gone.

But yes a very good keeper would make a big difference.

We barely hung on being 4-1 up on the 82nd minute. I can understand the frustration tbh.

Who cares... we beat Man City. Its a huge result. We scored 4 goals against them. We know our defense is dodgy. Its why we paid a world record for a cb who just happened to be injured today. If anyone can't enjoy that then you're wasting your time as a fan imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Haha, that's deadly by Sky on the intro back after the ads

Highlight of the season might be Robertson starting at left back and pressing City all the way over to their left back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Milner came on and was a disgrace. Headless chicken stuff. Flying in, not reading the game, losing the ball.....then Lallana came on and similarly not slowing it down and retain possession.
    Put pressure on the defense who cracked.

So still problems closing out games without heart attack’s all round.
    Defense (even allowing for the opposition) has issues.
    And no need to say anything about the keeper; new keeper still required.

Harsh to pin them on the keeper.

Oh right, well he had no real chance for the 2nd or 3rd, the first was a mistake though, terrible bit of GK'ing. He also added nothing to the win, which is nothing new. Does **** all most of the game and when called upon either makes a balls of it or doesn't do anything above average.

We need a new GK IMO, we cant keep conceding every shot or 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

2 brilliant teams going at it, can't beat it. **** ton of effort put into that game and you could see em tiring as the game neared the finish which is when we nearly threw it away. Won't let it take away from the sheer joy of it all though, absolutely buzzing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Fantastic performance . absolutely buzzin!

Won a few quid as well, 10 quid double Bournemouth and Liverpool

Happy days!

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

We're a goalkeeper away today, we'll be a CB away the next time one of them makes a mistake.
    I doubt that, the goalkeeping problem has been evident all season.

We've bought a centre half, we aren't going to buy another one, the goalkeeper is the next priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ox really is a great interview.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement