Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

noodler wrote: »
    I know, I know.

And I apologise.

I just cant help but be frustrated.

If the team collapses like that in the last ten when 4-1 up at a rocking Anfield, it just worries you.

Like, what's required for a comfortable result?

More than anything else, it's a major negative to keeping the front 3 when all (k, not all) their good work gets undone like this.

I didn't even see the game (stuck in a car - driving) and I can challenge your nonsense - they were at 100% for the game and ran out of steam against the best attack in the league but THEY STILL WON. No one else is going to attack Liverpool at home like that again this season. And VVD will be back soon enough and Henderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Big credit to Chamberlain today, really set the tempo from the off. Glad that he’s proving me wrong on a weekly basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Pretty much the exact same as the Arsenal game at the start of last season, 1-1 at half time, Liverpool run away with it and make it 4-1 in the second, and then Arsenal scored 2 in the last 10 minutes to make it a nervy finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Who cares... we beat Man City. Its a huge result. We scored 4 goals against them. We know our defense is dodgy. Its why we paid a world record for a cb who just happened to be injured today. If anyone can't enjoy that then you're wasting your time as a fan imo.
    BS.
    Nobody is unhappy. But not recognizing the faults at 4:1 is not recognizing the need to improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

NukaCola wrote: »
    Great game, three points, happy enough. GK is seriously needed, VVD coming back in will help.

4 shots on target for City and 3 goals. This has to stop.

Someone needs to collate the games this season with similar stats. It seems to have happened about a dozen times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I’ll go mad if we have to put up with that Mane Salah song much longer. That better not become a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just saw the result crawl across the bottom of the screen on sky sports news. Neighbours haven't heard me scream like that since the 2005 champions league final.

I don't want to make too many comparisons, but that is such a Suarez goal from Firmino. The run in behind, shouldering the defender off the ball, and chipping the keeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Ox really is a great interview.

As I said before this match, he's going to be club captain within a season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I didn't even see the game (stuck in a car - driving) and I can challenge your nonsense - they were at 100% for the game and ran out of steam against the best attack in the league but THEY STILL WON. No one else is going to attack Liverpool at home like that again this season. And VVD will be back soon enough and Henderson.

You can't really afford to pace yourself against City.

We struck while the iron was hot.

Then it cooled down. And this analogy's suitability has run out.

You could see that Robertson was lurching around, we weren't getting to players when they were turning when we were all over them for the first 80, we were dropping deeper.

Maybe subs should've come on and those that did should've done a lot better but we essentially got the job done at 4-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Klopp is just a German Holloway

An actual quote on the forum I read just there.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

NukaCola wrote: »
    Oh right, well he had no real chance for the 2nd or 3rd, the first was a mistake though, terrible bit of GK'ing. He also added nothing to the win, which is nothing new. Does **** all most of the game and when called upon either makes a balls of it or doesn't do anything above average.

We need a new GK IMO, we cant keep conceding every shot or 2.

I agree poor for the first and did nothing out of the ordinary but I’d still give him until the end of the season to see if he can step up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

my fantasy football team went crazy this weekend only the city players let me down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Game management = atrocious.

Two c**ts for keepers.

Nice to have a left back on the pitch lads eh? Terrier, smart on the ball, nothing stupid.

Ox has stepped up, shoving my criticism right up my hole, pleased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

You'd love to think that, after that, folk would shut the **** up and realise that Klopp knows exactly what he's doing. But no, there'll be dickheads moaning if we haven't signed Player X, Y or Z by the end of the month.
    If we don't sign anyone, I'm perfectly happy with that because clearly Klopp's happy. We know absolutely nothing.
    BTW - Oxlade-Chamberlain and Robertson today - fantastic.

One last thing - a quick scan of posts and I see people taking issue with this or that. Fuck off - we've beaten City at home. Have a word with yourselves. :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

mosstin wrote: »
    You'd love to think that, after that, folk would shut the **** up and realise that Klopp knows exactly what he's doing. But no, there'll be dickheads moaning if we haven't signed Player X, Y or Z by the end of the month.
    If we don't sign anyone, I'm perfectly happy with that because clearly Klopp's happy. We know absolutely nothing.

One last thing - a quick scan of posts and I see people taking issue with this or that. Fuck off - we've beaten City at home. Have a word with yourselves. :D

Yea you're right.

We should just stop discussing everything and get the pom-poms out and see who can be the biggest superfan, right?

Imagine how dull this place would be if it was just a big circle jerk of everything we're really good at. What are you looking for, 20 pages of "oh my god we are amazing!"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

You... Didn't even see the game?

I think you should watch the entire thing.

How on earth can you call anything nonsense if you haven't even seen it?

I mean.. what part are you addressing /disagreeing with?

Bizarre.

You are mental.

If you think the last ten minutes is by design then you are mental.

Honest to god. How can you not agree with some of the criticisms?

Maybe every criticism about defence or the ability to see out a game we should just have a paragraph about how great our attack is.

Would that satisfy you or is it as Awec said? Pom poms etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ederson looks as dodgy as our keepers when the pressure is on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I seriously thought you were joking when I read that, but nope:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105839537&postcount=6669

Best thing that’s happened all day, fcuking hilarious! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

daithijjj wrote: »
    Ox has stepped up, shoving my criticism right up my hole, pleased.

Absolute filt.

Few weeks ago there was a stat out showing the amount of saves made by each keeper in the league and he had the least of any, doesn't need to do anything most of the time, a bit like Valdez at Barca.

awec wrote: »
    Yea you're right.

We should just stop discussing everything and get the pom-poms out and see who can be the biggest superfan, right?

Imagine how dull this place would be if it was just a big circle jerk of everything we're really good at. What are you looking for, 20 pages of "oh my god we are amazing!"?

Today. Just fucking today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

You are mental.

Don't take him seriously.

You are mental.

Yes it's an absolutely ridiculous notion.

We were brilliant today for the majority of the match, and it was a fantastic result. But the reasons why we haven't won a trophy under Klopp yet were all on display.

You... Didn't even see the game?

I think you should watch the entire thing.

How on earth can you call anything nonsense if you haven't even seen it?

I mean.. what part are you addressing /disagreeing with?

Bizarre.

I was listening on the radio! Even without pictures you could hear that ebb and flow, and I do know how both teams play - Liverpool do not have an off button, Klopp is not interested in game management (unfortunately) and City do not lack for pacy attacking options. It's easy to moan about a 4-1 ending 4-3 but it was the nature of the beasts.

Crumbled a wee bit when pressure was put on him today. Usually teams can't get the ball off City enough to get at their defence.

There was literally 4 defenders surrounding Gundogan when he scored.

I'd like to also single out the Ox for special credit.

Only behind Firmino.

Delighted to be proved wrong so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

What the **** was Lovren doing for their third?

• Advertisement

You are mental.

Honest to god. How can you not agree with some of the criticisms?

Maybe every criticism about defence or the ability to see out a game we should just have a paragraph about how great our attack is.

Would that satisfy you or is it as Awec said? Pom poms etc.

I have no clue what you're talking about.

A tired team, having run their legs to stumps to build a 4-1 lead conceded two late goals, but won.

And we should concentrate on the negative? Sorry, I don't even know why someone with this perspective even bothers with football.

Get in Redmen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I don't want to make too many comparisons, but that is such a Suarez goal from Firmino. The run in behind, shouldering the defender off the ball, and chipping the keeper.

Actually it was a Fowler goal, interesting that it was Gary Neville on commentary today 1 minute 25 seconds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

What was Lovren doing though?.......mental....

I was listening on the radio! Even without pictures you could hear that ebb and flow, and I do know how both teams play - Liverpool do not have an off button, Klopp is not interested in game management (unfortunately) and City do not lack for pacy attacking options. It's easy to moan about a 4-1 ending 4-3 but it was the nature of the beasts.

Just watch the last ten.

See how you feel about how we stood up to it.

Yea it was a pathetic goal to concede.

Lovren should be embarrassed by his attempt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Robertson had a fantastic game.

Unless he has a serious dip in form, Moreno shouldn't get near the first team for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ox really is a beast dare I say an Ox.

The end of the game wasn't good but no other team in the league has attacking talent close to City, when it comes to them you get the win by any means necessary and we did that today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Lovrens attempt at the header clearance for Gundogans goal really was pathetic though if you look at the reply. He had no reason not to make that header. If VVD was playing today it would have been far more comfortable at the end

• Advertisement

A tired team, having run their legs to stumps to build a 4-1 lead conceded two late goals, but won.

And we should concentrate on the negative? Sorry, I don't even know why someone with this perspective even bothers with football.

Get in Redmen.
    What are you actually on about? Of course people are going to talk about the parts of the game that are actually interesting to talk about.

Seriously what are you looking for here? Endless pages of mindless compliments?

Brilliant. Love it. Dripping in bitterness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,071 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Any sign of this big announcement?

Get in Redmen.

I don't know, on the other hand, why adults put their heads in the sand?

As I said, great attacking display, great hunger and desire by most.but...dont make it a requirement to type that all out Everytime we want to debate the shortcomings FFS.

You are making excuses with the tiredness.

How can you say for sure that the reason for the near collapse in the last ten?

Seve OB wrote: »
    Any sign of this big announcement?
    What's this?

There is a class of supporter would feel better if Liverpool were 4-1 down and lost 4-3 as it would represent some sort of magnificent heroic failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Very impressed with Ox today. He is deceptively strong.

Robertson's name ringing around the Kop this afternoon. Delighted for him and he was great today.

Can also good.

Front three are just outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I don't know, on the other hand, why adults put their heads in the sand?

As I said, great attacking display, great hunger and desire by most.but...dont make it a requirement to type that all out Everytime we want to debate the shortcomings FFS.

You are making excuses with the tiredness.

How can you say for sure that the reason for the near collapse in the last ten?

Forget about tiredness. City are incredible and they came at us with everything they had. They got the goal and the nerves kicked in. VVD was signed to organise the backline. I see little point focusing on an issue we've known about for 2 years that the manager has taken a huge step in trying to sort out.

There is a class of supporter would feel better if Liverpool were 4-1 down and lost 4-3 as it would represent some sort of magnificent heroic failure.

Don't be stupid.

You haven't seen the game.

Karius, Lovren and Gomez made big mistakes leading to goals.

It might have been hard to understand from the radio.

Carragher has it spot on.

Neither goalkeeper will win us trophies but of the two Mignolet is better. I don't see what Klopp sees in Karius, he must be unbelievable in training or something because his performances are consistently shaky and error strewn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Delish. We switched off a bit and got tired but we had done enough work to see it out.

Beating City. Without VVD and Coutinho. Unreal.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement