Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If that was the Can we got every game then the club would be giving him whatever contract he wants, it's just unfortunate we only see those performances half the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Interview with Xabi Alonso on Talksport now,thought it might interest some of you.

If that was the Can we got every game then the club would be giving him whatever contract he wants, it's just unfortunate we only see those performances half the time.

Can on form is fantastic.

Hes too inconsistent sadly and I won't miss him. Hopefully he finishes the season well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

awec wrote: »
    I'd be amazed if Sanchez signed for us. No way would we throw the same salary at him as the Manchester clubs are able to.

I can't see him coming to us at all. He'd be a super signing, would fit right in. But i can only see him going to Manchester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

monkey9 wrote: »
    I can't see him coming to us at all. He'd be a super signing, would fit right in. But i can only see him going to Manchester.

Pie in the sky stuff but would be a great and cheap looking signing, don't think City will spend any more than 30 on him...

• Advertisement

We're not getting Sanchez, probably not even in for him, he'd be on double the wages of anyone else at the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

sword1 wrote: »
    We seemed more dangerous from corners again today, with vvd back it will be better but I think chamberlain s corner delivery is one of the best in the league

Yep, his corners are excellent. I can't remember when we last had someone who could deliver them in just as good, always a weak spot for years with us. He's been a super signing who'll just get better.

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

We're not getting Sanchez, probably not even in for him, he'd be on double the wages of anyone else at the club.
    100% no chance.

I don't think we've ever signed a player of Sanchez's status. We never buy proven stars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

438651.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Finally nipped ahead of last year, battle for 2nd equally tight.

438652.PNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Fieldog wrote: »
    Cheeky bid for Sanchez?

please jesus its for 40m +1£

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Man City are reluctant to meet Sanchez'a wages & agent fee.

No chance in hell we could even come close & Sanchez at 29 I wouldn't want Liverpool giving him 300k+ a week. He could very quickly decline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

MD1990 wrote: »

No chance in hell we could even come close & Sanchez at 29 I wouldn't want Liverpool giving him 300k+ a week. He could very quickly decline.

We also have 3 front players who play for each other and the team. I wouldn’t be upsetting that for anyone right now.

Next step is ensuring top 4 by widening the gap between ourselves and Spurs. They have to play United, us, Arsenal, then Juventus in the space of 2 weeks so we should be picking up wins over that period. We play Huddersfield, Spurs, Southampton, and Porto in the same fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Even more than double if the rumours of United offering him 400K a week are true. With Coutinho gone I think VVD is our top earner on 180K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

As i said in another thread this week, Sanchez is past his prime, and at 29 i don't see that changing, 300-400K per week?

No thanks.

Does'nt mind living outside London now does he!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

was fckin fantastic to shove it down nevilles and tylers throats too,they were creaming themselves at the end in anticipation

We've already played City twice now so hopefully Sanchez goes there and helps them batter the other top 6 lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lovern for City's 3rd was a great reminder of why we need VVD. A simple header and he got in a right state and dived at nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

MD1990 wrote: »

Indeed, I see Kloppo as having a long term plan that is just beginning to take shape. A 29 year old Dirty Sanchez or a 28 year old Pierre Rama Lama Ding Dong might not be ideal in the long term and might turn out to be a massive wage burden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Very good boys, very good.

I thought we'd get something out of the game, at least a draw. A very good performance, defended from.the front, middle 3 excellent, back 4 for the most part solid, with Robertson excellent again. Usual problems with the goalie and with closing the game out. Can was obviously out on his feet, but very disappointed with milner who was all over the place, and the panic spread from him I believe in the last ten minutes.
    I would have been a doubter with regards to the Ox, but he has settled in very well, and has been a revelation in recent games. Though Gini and Can were good too, Can in particular. The front 3 were themselves, great to see Mane scoring and getting reward for his work. The defensive work all 3 players did was immense.

The old problems we have (goalkeeper, midfield general) are still there and very obvious, but fvck it, we can chat about them and who we need to sign until February first.

Many many boring keepers out there who's stock would rise 10 fold at Anfield. One could pick 15 keepers from Serie A that would be better than anything we have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Would still like to see us bring in another attacker in January. With Coutinho gone I feel an injury to one of Salah/Firmino/Mane could derail us. Would be a gamble to hope they all stay healthy for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

hope its the kick city need to sign alexis, wait until the last day though..drag it out a bit

Marco Sportiello's contract is up in June. Good cheap keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sounds Italian...f*ck off Marco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

corwill wrote: »

Thank god. I thought you were pointing out my putrid Ox comment :P :)

• Advertisement

corwill wrote: »

Being wrong never felt so right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Look at our left-back go

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Look at our left-back go

giphy.gif

Crowd in the background getting on to their feet. Talent is valued at Anfield but allied to a workrate, it guarantees love. Bobby does it every single week.

Mane standing there watching, never left his position once Robertson flew past him. Good to see him cover Robertson's hole.

Look at our left-back go

giphy.gif

Absolutely love that from players.

• Advertisement

Fa Cup and Champions league double is so on.
    100 returns 18k

We don't have to beat PSG, Barca, City, and Madrid to win Champions league. We'll face one maybe. We have good chance to win it with VVD on board. Beat Porto, get a decent draw next and it's on. Won't be 14-1 when we beat Porto.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

We don't have to beat PSG, Barca, City, and Madrid to win Champions league. We'll face one maybe. We have good chance to win it with VVD on board. Beat Porto, get a decent draw next and it's on. Won't be 14-1 when we beat Porto.

Don't do it to yourself. If we concede late away goals against top teams it's different in knockout ties.
    Just enjoy the win what'll be will be. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Look at our left-back go

giphy.gif

Funniest thing I've seen all season. Had that led to a goal there'd be statues of the fella going up. Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

All joking aside sack the goalkeeping coach.

All our keepers that leave Suddenly become really good keepers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Just enjoy the result people.

If we had lost 4-3 at the Ethihad earlier in the season, which BTW was probably a runner until the red card would City fans have so much angst?

FFS , we have gotten a crucial 3 points from one of the top performing teams in Europe and we are performing at a similar level the last couple of months.

It was a victory, and one that should be enjoyed on our re-estlablishment as one of the top clubs in both England and Europe.

So much BS here at times, We sell players at record fees and buy the most expensive defender ever ...

It's always a source of complete and utter angst...

FFS.. I'm a long time supporting the Pool but I always know when to enjoy the ride.

YNWA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

mosstin wrote: »
    Crowd in the background getting on to their feet. Talent is valued at Anfield but allied to a workrate, it guarantees love. Bobby does it every single week.

I am terrified that when Moreno gets fit again he'll replace Robertson. Klopp may have a blind spot there.

Ok, it's not too likely, but I'm not 100% certain :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Look at our left-back go

giphy.gif

No wonder we let in 3 goals ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

All joking aside sack the goalkeeping coach.

All our keepers that leave Suddenly become really good keepers.

Mig maybe but Karius ?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

fyfe79 wrote: »
    I am terrified that when Moreno gets fit again he'll replace Robertson. Klopp may have a blind spot there.

Ok, it's not too likely, but I'm not 100% certain :p

Enjoy the win FFS...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Since woeful performance against Tottenham at Wembley our league form is

P14 W10 D4 L0

Pretty decent considering our "flaws".

Aiming for 2nd not 4th. 2nd to 5th going to be tight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Delighted to shove it down City's throats. Especially after they wheeled out Sane and Gundongan during the week to tell us how they turned us down.

Fúck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Speak Now wrote: »
    Aiming for 2nd not 4th. 2nd 3rd to 5th going to be tight.

Fixed that for ya ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I could watch that Robertson gif all day long,brilliant from the lad,we have to aim for 2nd now and even reel back a few points on city if possible,I said it to a Chelsea fan over Xmas that we'd finish 2nd with Chelsea and spurs , I don't think utd will get top 4 at all tbh

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement