Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Postmatch with the boss, love his comment about blowing up his boots :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Its performances like today that will make me miss emre can. Thought he was excellent in the middle of the park. Still have some hope in me that the club can try get him to sign a new deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I wasnt impressed with the 3 goals that were leaked in.

If there was more extra time added on City would have scored the 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

A beautiful day.

We overran the best team in the country for 80 minutes, and they played well. Don't let that be lost on anyone. Pep admitted they played well and offered no excuses.

We got tired. That's obvious. That being said, there is no excuse for Lovren's attempt at defending.

But that, and the keeper situation, is for another day. Today is a day to celebrate. We showed the rest of the League, especially those who are afraid, that this City team isn't close to perfect. Those CBs are vulnerable. That keeper has mistakes in him. That midfield can be disturbed. And City can cough up chances.

It's time for more teams to be brave. FFS, Bristol City were and they're 2nd tier. Too many games this season, have seen teams just accept their fate with 20% possession.

City are a marvellous side, and Pep is a genius. But teams need to put the effort in and try get at them. It's the only way.

Strongly fancy us to give City a bit of a hiding.

I’m gonna say by at least 2 goals. Could be a simple 2-0 but more likely a 4-2 or 5-2.

Would also love us to be signing Mahrez in this window. Would be a fantastic addition. Quality player.

Felt like a comfortable 4-1 or 4-2 was coming but again our weakness in defence shines through.

See you all later in the season with my prediction for the United game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

SlickRic wrote: »
    A beautiful day.

We overran the best team in the country for 80 minutes, and they played well. Don't let that be lost on anyone. Pep admitted they played well and offered no excuses.

It was clear from the first minute in how they played around our press that they were absolutely at the races.

De Bruyne and Sane in particular barely missed a step, Walker was fairly good and they didn't have too many obviously terrible performances. Maybe Ederson.
    Even Sterling wasn't overtly atrocious. He wasn't kicking fresh air. He was just dealt with effectively.

Even their unforced errors were forced errors today, because we put so much pressure on them and humans can only handle so much.

And that goes both ways. Having ran around like lunatics for 80, 1 we couldn't switch it off, so Milner and Lallana came on with no chill at all, having been absorbing the frantic energy looping between the pitch and the stands and back again all game, and 2, we were just totally out of juice and collectively couldn't have found our arses with a map. Some players looked half drunk towards the end. There was nothing left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

mikeym wrote: »
    I wasnt impressed with the 3 goals that were leaked in.

If there was more extra time added on City would have scored the 4th.

Were you impressed with the 4 goals we scored?

There was no more extra time and city didnt score a 4th.

This place would drive you nuts with some of the constant negativity - truly depressive.

18 games unbeaten and just after beating (until today) this seasons unbeaten highest scoring runaway league leaders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Firmino goal today was very similar to fowlers one at Old trafford where he shoulders neville off the ball and chipped schmeicel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I’d happily see us spend the €100m on Oblak’s buyout clause than spending it on Lemar at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Love how Liverpool only one as Man City were bad.

Man City were not at there free flowing game as Liverpool did not allow it by closing them down and stopping them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Migs is a decent keeper who makes error ebery so often just not a tip 4 keeper but Karius is just an awful keeper he is literally.bad at all parts of goalkeeping .,
    We need to upgrade on Migs but stop hopimg Karius will tur vood ge is awful Migs is so so far ahead of him and that says it all really ,
    Iv yet to see him make a save that an outfeild player wouldnt make hes is shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Eerily similar.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I’d happily see us spend the €100m on Oblak’s buyout clause than spending it on Lemar at the moment.

Couldn't agree more. Top quality keeper is a must purchase, more so than any other position, plus all going well, they have longevity more so than outfield players. We need quality in that position to go from in a group of challengers to top 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Oblak in the side with Ming on the bench would be fine with me. Karius straight into the bin.

De Gea is 4th in saves made this season, surrounded by goalkeepers from bottom half teams, United are 2nd almost entirely on his goalkeeping. Shows how important getting in a proper keeper can be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Alonso77 wrote: »
    This place would drive you nuts with some of the constant negativity - truly depressive.
    Truely depressive? If you are looking for constant happiness and glee, maybe try elsewhere.

Nobody is unhappy with the result or the goals scored.
    The criticism is for the ones conceded, which typify the season with the keepers and defense. It’s cost us points; perhaps valuable points should we finish 5pts.

We were in control at 4:1, but all the composure was with City after the 4th; and our lack of composure was similar to games where we’ve thrown away games when in a similar position. Waving pompons like cheer leaders doesn’t get that fixed.

3 great points against a top side. But frailties remain. It’s possible to be happy but recognize the issues as well.

Migs is a decent keeper who makes error ebery so often just not a tip 4 keeper but Karius is just an awful keeper he is literally.bad at all parts of goalkeeping .,
    We need to upgrade on Migs but stop hopimg Karius will tur vood ge is awful Migs is so so far ahead of him and that says it all really ,
    Iv yet to see him make a save that an outfeild player wouldnt make hes is shocking

Love your edit reason, lol. The pints were had! :D

De Gea is 4th in saves made this season, surrounded by goalkeepers from bottom half teams, United are 2nd almost entirely on his goalkeeping. Shows how important getting in a proper keeper can be.

Ward must literally be throwing them in in training. How he can't get on the bench (in the league) ahead of at least one of the other jokers must give him cause to question his profession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Migs is a decent keeper
    I don't think he is.
    He makes mistakes and doesn't pull off game winning saves.
    How often has he cost us points, and how many times have he saved us points?
    There's no upside to his game, and he's almost 30yrs, so not gonna get better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

ricero wrote: »
    Its performances like today that will make me miss emre can. Thought he was excellent in the middle of the park. Still have some hope in me that the club can try get him to sign a new deal.

All 3 midfielders today were incredibly good, every single one of them stepped it up.

Ox the standout but Can and Wini were absolutely superb too. Great to see as there's been question marks over them recently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Anyone subscribe to The Anfield Wrap? Might be my least favourite Post match show in a long time. Jaysus some awful ****e spouted. I’ll blame the drink.

Truely depressive? If you are looking for constant happiness and glee, maybe try elsewhere.

Nobody is unhappy with the result or the goals scored.
    The criticism is for the ones conceded, which typify the season with the keepers and defense. It’s cost us points; perhaps valuable points should we finish 5pts.

We were in control at 4:1, but all the composure was with City after the 4th; and our lack of composure was similar to games where we’ve thrown away games when in a similar position. Waving pompons like cheer leaders doesn’t get that fixed.

3 great points against a top side. But frailties remain. It’s possible to be happy but recognize the issues as well.

Even with all these frailties you insist we focus on we are still in 3rd place and unbeaten in 14 premier lg games - looking highly likely to finish in top 4

You may naturally focus on the negative possibilities but i'll stick to the positives = we're flying it right now

My pompoms are getting great mileage tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

The original Fab Four, The Beatles got rid of drummer Pete Best and replaced him with Ringo Starr. Controversial at the time but looked at how it worked out.

Have the Anfield Fab Four just replaced Pete Best (Coutinho) with Ringo Starr (Oxlade-Chamberlain) again ?

Only time will tell.

Even with all these frailties you insist we focus on we are still in 3rd place and unbeaten in 14 premier lg games - looking highly likely to finish in top 4

You may naturally focus on the negative possibilities but i'll stick to the positives = we're flying it right now

How were the pompoms when the defense and keeper cost us points?
    You can use the head in the sand approach if you wish. I want to focus on how we can get better and win trophies. Everyone is happy to have won, just don't need to be blind to the issues that need to be improved. Maybe it cause I played and coached the game and didn't cheer lead from the sidelines; but that's how you tend to win stuff.

You can use the head in the sand approach if you wish. I want to focus on how we can get better and win trophies. Everyone is happy to have won, just don't need to be blind to the issues that need to be improved. Maybe it cause I played and coached the game and didn't cheer lead from the sidelines; but that's how you tend to win stuff.

at a certain level?

the pompoms were sad but would live to pompom another day.

I do appreciate having winners like yourself here to teach me to remove my head from the sand though - its a shame i cant see my pompoms

the pompoms were sad but would live to pompom another day.

I do appreciate having winners like yourself here to teach me to remove my head from the sand though - its a shame i cant see my pompoms
    Not trying to teach you anything, be positive will ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Great win and brilliant performance great to take them on and beat them at their own game. In a good position now with arsenal and city out of the way for the season. Our 2nd round of games has been really difficult in terms of fixtures arsenal, city, Leicester and Burnley. Karius the negative, the 1st goal was dreadful and I think a decent keeper saves the third he doesn't move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Exactly, a great win against the best team in the league. Rarely does any team go 90 minutes without an error. We all see where our errors come from and we all know what we've done recently to prevent them and we do still need a Keeper.

But if you watched that game and aren't walking around all week with a spring in your step, a smile on your face, and a song in your heart there is something wrong with ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Do we have the biggest unbeaten run in the LGE now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Having just watched the highlights again it was probably the loudest Anfield has been over a game since....the Villarreal match to be honest.
    It can be a carnival or a cathedral but it helps in big games & European nights.

makes me wonder - if one day we actually did win the lg again say by 5 points - you would have certain people moaning it should've been by 10

People on here having a moan, about people having a moan.
    Then stating they are naturally positive people, but getting depressed about comments on a discussion board.
    Fragile stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Klopp has no immediate, available alternative target to Naby Keita, but Liverpool are primed to react during the remainder of the transfer window should that change, writes @_pauljoyce

so maybe but then maybe not

Then stating they are naturally positive people, but getting depressed about comments on a discussion board.
    Fragile stuff.

teach me how I can solve this paradox and and go on to win stuff in life

next 2 games in our plummet to 5th place are swansea and Huddersfield away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Do we have the biggest unbeaten run in the LGE now

14 unbeaten in the league is it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

so maybe but then maybe not

Any of us could write something that vague about any team in the league to be honest.
    Except Newcastle United they won't buy oil for the chippers there as they play Russian roulette on a takeover.

teach me
    Not trying to teach you anything, be positive will ya.

• Advertisement

This is my new everyday mantra - thank you sir

success here I come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Fragile stuff.

Yer talking ring m8 all out yer hoop.

This is my new everyday mantra - thank you sir

success here I come

Again, not trying to teach you anything; but you keep ignoring this.
    For someone who says they stick to the positives, you sure do focus on negatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lovern got right under that dink from Augero for City's 3rd. He put us under great pressure with that fcukup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Bobby No Mates

thumb_56270_default_news_size_5.jpeg

That photo is so brilliant :pac:

• Advertisement

Salah vs Everton voted MOTD Goal of the Month, who would've guessed it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Another positive today is that they beat a top team without Coutinho. Showing minimal loss from the transfer.

Has got to be great for confidence.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    That photo is so brilliant :pac:

A second or two later Salah swung his head back violently in an attempt to smash Lovren in the face in retaliation for his inevitable forthcoming f*ck-up.

Yeah sure, he'd no idea Lovren was behind him. At all. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Chelsea looking to sign Big Andy.

West Ham might just give us £30m for Sturridge if that happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

fyfe79 wrote: »
    A second or two later Salah swung his head back violently in an attempt to smash Lovren in the face in retaliation for his inevitable forthcoming f*ck-up.

Yeah sure, he'd no idea Lovren was behind him. At all. ;)

Eh, Can is behind him...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement